You have to have some fun in the snow!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Gerry took me for a ride on the new sled so I could catch some pictures of the deer running the trails. The snow is so deep they like to run the snowmobile trails, it's easier on their ankles, poor things. Well it was dark on the way home, and my flash didn't want to cooperate and/or I wasn't quick enough, so all the pictures came out black >:(. We ran into 3 different groups of 4-5 deer, they sure were pretty, sorry I can't share :-\. These are the pictures that I got while holding on with one hand and shooting with the other, so if some are a little blurry it's because we were going 35 mph and I was trying to hold on too :D.

There was allot of open water, from all the rain we got and we did get stuck once, Gerry pulled and I drove her out. Matt got stuck in the same spot on the way home :D.

Attachments

• snowmobiling 001.JPG
    snowmobiling 001.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 375
  • snowmobiling 004.JPG
    snowmobiling 004.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 362
  • snowmobile, birds 033.JPG
    snowmobile, birds 033.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 357
  • snowmobile, birds 035.JPG
    snowmobile, birds 035.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 360
  • snowmobile, birds 037.JPG
    snowmobile, birds 037.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 377
  • snowmobile, birds 023.JPG
    snowmobile, birds 023.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 369
  • snowmobile, birds 017.JPG
    snowmobile, birds 017.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 375
  • snowmobiling 003.JPG
    snowmobiling 003.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 371
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
It wasn't quite dark when I took the picture of the moon (you knew I would sneak one of those in :D).

My buddy hung out most of the day yesterday.

Attachments

• snowmobile, birds 008.JPG
    snowmobile, birds 008.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 348
  • snowmobile, birds 030.JPG
    snowmobile, birds 030.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 357

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Oh my! looks like tons of fun sis! At least if you are dressed to not freeze which it appears you were! lol Thanks for taking us too!!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Yup, you better dress for it. I was in the 20's so it wasn't real bad, it's when it's 0 or below that you can't have enough layers. Thanks for comming along :).

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That looks like what I wanted to do but my kids had other plans, such as soaking their snowpants before I could get outside!
Really pretty, is that your house? It's lovely whoever it belongs to.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
No it's not my house. I just thought it was a pretty shot along the river with the snow. The trail follows the river for miles, it's pretty.

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
had a friend that was inclined to drink a tad (LOL) well we went sledding in upstate NY one week-end and came upon a flock of turkys down in a large pit. Well my friend got the idea in his state that he could rocket down the sides as fast as he could and perhaps grab one as they attempted lift off. Only when he stood up to grab one he lost control of the sled and well you know the rest
I pondered who the real turkey was

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Wow that was a fun ride CG,I enjoyed it, Looks like a ball and sure pretty country. We are getting a bunch of that white stuff here in Iowa. Its been a good year for the snow mobilers around here. Thanks for sharing your outing.
Van

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
;) These are the guys we met up with. The pictures I wasn't showing?

Attachments

• snowmobile, birds 027.JPG
    snowmobile, birds 027.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 284

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that's weird. Your first two pictures of the powerline look JUST like the powerline that a sled trail goes along where I ride in Michigan! I wish I had a pic to show you, it's pretty eerie how much alike they'd look.

Snowmobiling's one thing that I REALLY miss being in Iraq this time of year. I don't have a big honking 4-Stroke Arctic Cat though. Me & the wife have pair of matching 2002 Ski-Doo Legend 380's. Right now they're drained, fogged, mothballed, and mouse-proofed (well, more like mouse RESISTANT, anyway) and stored. They don't go as fast as the big sleds do, but I only run the trails about 25-40 mph anyway. And they'll run forever on a tank of gas and a tank of oil lasts quite awhile. I usually ride about 600-700 miles each season.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Now I can't wait for next winter!!!

Happy Trails,
-SgtSki

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
wesfrye53 said:
Wow! That looks you had a great time! I'm envious ;D

Uhh....should you change your name to "Moon Girl" ?

Boy would "Moon Girl" get the imaginations running! :D

It was fun, I was going to get a shot of my favorite MD spot covered in snow..........but at 70 plus miles per hour I was holding on with BOTH hands. ;)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Sgtski, that is wierd how similar diffrent parts of the country are. I wish you were home too and could get out on your sleds. Yeah you really can't run the trails that fast around here either, allot of woods, twists, turns, water crossings, but when we hit the open fields, look out :D.

Thanks for serving our country! Be safe!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Just beautiful, and looks like a lot of fun, the cardinal is beautiful with all the snow!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photo shoot CG, I think when you live in snow country like your family does, making the getting the most enjoyment from
the snow is paramount and makes winter more enjoyable and something to even look forward to at times.
Nice photo of that snow bunny also! ::)
:)
Don

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
You're right Don if you don't have something to look forward to while doing snow removal you'd go nuts not having something to do after the fact. Even if it's just building a snow.......person ;).

Bunny? Great I missed another shot! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread