mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
dg, I am so sorry about your puppy. that is a hard thing to go thru. & at christmas! your kids must have been devestated! we have 4 dogs, 2 cats & a horse, & each one is an important family member. the newest addition has been with us since last spring. he is a little pom we got from the dog pound. He had been livin on the streets for 2 months before they could catch him, & no one claimed him when they did, so they called us to see if we would take him. of course we said yes, & he is now my shadow. when I went down to get him, we opened the cage, & he climbed on my lap & didn't get off for about a wk. He has been abused, you can tell by his fear of noises & most people. He is an old man, & I know he doesn't have a lot of time left in that skinny old body, but if I can make him a little bit happy, I'm happy! our other animals are strays that we have adopted. except the horse. She is a character! the queen ya know. She & my daughter were born on the same day, same yr. both 16. don't know which one is sassier! this has been long enough. just wanted to empathize with you. & share our love of family

OP
OP
digger_girl

digger_girl

Oct 29, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5ID
mamabear said:
dg, I am so sorry about your puppy. that is a hard thing to go thru. & at christmas! your kids must have been devestated! we have 4 dogs, 2 cats & a horse, & each one is an important family member. the newest addition has been with us since last spring. he is a little pom we got from the dog pound. He had been livin on the streets for 2 months before they could catch him, & no one claimed him when they did, so they called us to see if we would take him. of course we said yes, & he is now my shadow. when I went down to get him, we opened the cage, & he climbed on my lap & didn't get off for about a wk. He has been abused, you can tell by his fear of noises & most people. He is an old man, & I know he doesn't have a lot of time left in that skinny old body, but if I can make him a little bit happy, I'm happy! our other animals are strays that we have adopted. except the horse. She is a character! the queen ya know. She & my daughter were born on the same day, same yr. both 16. don't know which one is sassier! this has been long enough. just wanted to empathize with you. & share our love of family
Oh mamabear. That is so sweet!!!! I'm glad that little doggie has you. :) My kids were so broken hearted about losing Baxter, but honestly I think I took it the hardest. I still cry when i thing about him. :'( He was a Rat terrier and had the sweetest personality..... I will probably adopt another dog this spring.
Thank you so much for your post. you've made me smile. ;D

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
here is a pic of the old man. I named him monster cuz he looked like one when we first got him

Attachments

• monster1.jpg
    monster1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 205

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
digger_girl said:
wesfrye53 said:
That's a great looking bunch.

Er....you must live in a different Tennessee than I do; half the trees got zapped by the Easter freeze last year, then everything dried up thanks to the drought. At least it did around Springfield! ::)

This picture is a few years old. :D

But I have faith that the green will return!!!!!!!! ;D

Well I haven't given up either but I'm not sure some of my trees can make it through a repeat!

Meant to express my condolences for the puppy. That had to be a traumatic Christmas for your son, let alone the rest of you. :(

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
DG,

I can see why that's your favorite pic ;)
God bless them, they're beautiful!
So sorry about Baxter :'(
It's so hard to lose a pet.

Welcome to tnet!
HH

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That picture kind of reminds me of that movie The Sound Of Music --------minus several kids though.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
I love them kids, I got six, well they are great grand kids. And they are great.
You lucky woman thanks for the pictures of those fine looking happy kids.
Gnewt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread