What the cat drug in.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
The cat drug this up to the house yesterday. MrsTimberwolf bludgeoned it to death with a near by brick :D She believes the only good snake is a dead snake.

We thought it was what we call a "Garden" snake, but the red colors don't seem right, and we couldn't find one like it on the Internet. Can anyone tell us what kind of snake this is?

Thanks,

TW

MVC-004F.JPG

MVC-005F.JPG

MVC-006F.JPG

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Looks like a little racer, but the red touching black isn't the best sign...
Hope you can ID it before she kills a bunch more. They're good at keeping the mice down.
rmptr

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its a garter snake. they are harmless. might want to tell the wife that. ::)

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
That old saying as I remember is, 'red touch yellow, kill a fellow, red touch
black , good for Jack.' But the color on the coral snake are bands which circle
the body in red, black & yellow/white. I think they are related to cobra, but are
not usually aggressive. They are usually a very small snake. The only two snakes
that I know of that resemble the coral in color are the milksnake & one specie of
kingsnake, but these are usually larger snakes by far & non-venomous.

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Just got home.

I thank you all for your posts. There was a larger one in the yard last summer. It was trying to swallow a toad frog. It couldn't quite do it, so it lef the frog alone.

Sounds like it is a garter snake. That is good to know. Next time we will let it live.....after we shoe it away from the house :D

Thanks again everyone.

TW

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which house was this at? The one over this way or the one by the school, this way one is probably cause it came out of hidding for the cat to find, cause all the new activity from punks er kiddies and there toys riding around to the new playground!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yuck! I don't care about snakes...I keep my distance. The last 2 snakes I saw recently were hanging on the barbwire fence. Stuck on the barb, I'm thinking some bird (chicken hawk) may have put them there. They were still flexible, so maybe killed that morning.

;) RR

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! The wife did such a good job flattening that snake, you outta get her going on crushing ore! I sure wouldn't tease her about it! Remember the old saying.... Ya gotta sleep sometime! Might wanna pick her up some flowers ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread