Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic, BPMM. Did you take your detector with you?

;) RR

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
That's my question too............did you take your detector with you. Oh, let me guess.......you opted to take your golf clubs instead, right? LOL

While I was there last year, I had a great time on the beach....just had to watch for the areas that were "private"....they seemed to sneak up on you w/o warning.
---Mel

borninok

OP
OP
bedpanmoneyman

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
borninok said:
That's my question too............did you take your detector with you. Oh, let me guess.......you opted to take your golf clubs instead, right? LOL

While I was there last year, I had a great time on the beach....just had to watch for the areas that were "private"....they seemed to sneak up on you w/o warning.
---Mel

borninok

Mel, I wasn't that successful on the beach. Four hours, 51 cents and this gold ring. How did you do and what beaches did you hunt?

Bill

Attachments

• 100_9738.JPG
    100_9738.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 278

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm....... Now that's an idea! A golf club with an integrated discriminating detector :D Wonder if anyones patented one yet?

Really Mr groundskeeper... I'm looking for my ball ;D

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
Bill,

We had rented a place off of N. Forest Beach Dr & Quail St (?). In the wee hours of the morning, I would walk over to the beach and go the left twds the Marriott (Hotel Circle) , and then back. Then towards the afternoon, I would walk back to the beach and go the opposite way....towards the Comfort Inn (Tanglewood Dr)...near Cologny Circle...................and then I would walk back home...totally exhausted. There were times that I would drive the car to Cologny Circle, park it at one of the shops, and stay in that vacinity for the whole 5 hours. One day, the winds were whipping so bad, that it literally reminded me of the scenes from the movies ....the ones of the sand dunes blowing. Anyway, that day, I stayed in that same spot for almost 4 hours and walked out of there with almost $15 in clad. The combination of wind and the waves seemed to be bellowing....OVER HERE, MEL...NOW, OVER HERE! I met one couple there..........the guy was mad at his wife. She apparently had told him that either he could bring his golf clubs...or he could bring his metal detector. But he couldn't bring both! Well, wouldn't you know...he took his golf clubs...........and he was yelling at her because she made him decide one over the other....LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I didn't find any rings, but I did have one heck of a time MDng.
----Mel

borninok

OP
OP
bedpanmoneyman

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Mel,

We used to stay in a condo off South Forest Beach when we'd go there vacationing in the summer. Now that we are empty nesters, we've been at Palmetto Dunes for the last seven years in February. I didn't start metal detecting until I retired last year and wanted another hobby besides golf (now I detect more than golf). I thought about going to that area of the beach your talking about on the last day of our stay, but got lazy and golfed that day instead. Oh well...there's always next year. ;D ;D
Thanks for answering my post. You going down there again this year?

Bill

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
Bill,

Not sure what this year's plans are going to be. Before hitting HH, we had gone to Myrtle Beach......and I fell in love with both areas. The wife has had health issues lately, so we have to see how they are resolved before we do any committing. While at HH, we ate at some steak place that was a +9 on a 10 scale, 10 being excellent. I can't remember theoz name of it, but we were the only customers at that certain hour....and they gave up excellent treatment. I think I had the 20 oz steak.....although it sure seemed bigger than that....LOL

I really loved HH, mainly because the clientele seemed so "higher class"....which meant more money on the beach....LOL Would I want to go back to HH? You betcha.......as long as I had my metal detectors with me. Since I don't golf.....it's an easy choice for me. Now...............................give me my choice of my metal detectors or my wife.......................................................................................can you give me a week to this about that question???????? ha/ha JUST KIDDING!

Now...don't ask that question of me regarding Myrtle Beach.....................I know I will get in trouble for answering the wrong answer...LOL I had a ton of fun shag dancing at the Pavilion. Which by the way.............the next day I MD'd the area outside the Pavilion.................hmmmmm.....not sure how all of that money ended up in the sand.......LOL :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

HH,

Mel

borninok

T

trish76642

Very nice $man!

Havent seen you on here in a while, how've you been?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread