When it snows.....try cleaning 180 cars and trucks off

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Man am I sick of doing this, we are well over 5 feet of snow this year, it seems like we are cleaning this stuff up twice a week! At least this last storm was only 7" of light fluffly stuff. The wet heavy stuff is a back breaker. Just think once we get all the snow cleaned off, we have to move EVERY vehicle and then put them all back after it's plowed ::).

We are running out of places to put all this snow. The green house across from work is burried from the snow comming off the roof (I hope it didn't break the glass :-\).

It is kind of pretty though? :D

Attachments

• snow removal 007.JPG
    snow removal 007.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 533
  • snow removal 004.JPG
    snow removal 004.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 510
  • snow removal 003.JPG
    snow removal 003.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 516
  • snow removal 002.JPG
    snow removal 002.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 519
  • snow removal 001.JPG
    snow removal 001.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 511
  • snow removal 011.JPG
    snow removal 011.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 530
  • snow removal 009.JPG
    snow removal 009.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 536
  • snow removal 005.JPG
    snow removal 005.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 525

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, ah, looks like a lot of work, over and over again, I guess there is no easy answer on how to make the job easier, except to tell Mother Nature to take it easy on you all the rest of the winter. :)

Don

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, where I come from we park our cars in the garage so there's no shuffling vehicles all around and having to put them back. ;D

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be worse, like Oswego, NY a few years ago...

Attachments

• 503923562_b5437b9eb7.jpg
    503923562_b5437b9eb7.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 488

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yuck!! That is a very good reason not to have many vehicles...glad I am not working at a car lot right now!!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Well, I had to look....

Who's driving the truck?

Someone on the short side doesn't clean off cars too well. ::)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
The problem is the Hubby is SO excited we are getting snow, he can't sleep. I am so %^%^ I can't sleep? ::) Now what do you do? Gotta have something to do after clean up! :D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't know what to say...well, I'm glad it's not me. I think I would have snow blindness. ???

;) RR

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you folks in the 'snow country', spring is moving your way, I have actually 'mowed & weedeated' in spots already.

Fossis...............

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I sold cars for a little while. The two worst things about the job were lot moves and snow days. All dressed up in a suit and tie, clearing snow from hundreds of vehicles.

The owner was a fanatic about lot moves. At least every other day we shuffled the lot. I always spent extra time in the vehicles with heated seats. :P I always wondered why lot moves were so important for this guy. Then one day, the Feds swarmed in and I found out why. 70% of the inventory had three or four loans and no titles.

Those poor customers... Someone would come in wanting to buy the black GTP and get talked into buying a white mini-van. Couldn't sell the black GTP with the four loans and no title.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Wes, Sis, bake cinnamon rolls, then go do snow removal :-\, do't think I'd have that much energy ;).

Yeah we talk every year about putting a roof over the lots :D. I hope it's all most over, I want to go detecting :).

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Excavator said:
I sold cars for a little while. The two worst things about the job were lot moves and snow days. All dressed up in a suit and tie, clearing snow from hundreds of vehicles.

The owner was a fanatic about lot moves. At least every other day we shuffled the lot. I always spent extra time in the vehicles with heated seats. :P I always wondered why lot moves were so important for this guy. Then one day, the Feds swarmed in and I found out why. 70% of the inventory had three or four loans and no titles.

Those poor customers... Someone would come in wanting to buy the black GTP and get talked into buying a white mini-van. Couldn't sell the black GTP with the four loans and no title.

Geeze you didn't work in Vermont did you? We had a dealer around here go out of trust like that, spent several years in jail. Mostly good dealers around here, so small town you'd get caught in a hurry.

Gotta love those heated seats :D.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure hoping that any day now, it will stop snowing until next winter.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Well, maybe? It's pouring rain right now. ::) All that creates is ICE! Been a wild winter, ton of snow, gallons of water, more snow, you get the picture. I hope it at least warms up to above freezing at night, get rid of some of that slippery stuff.

Don't tell the Hubby I said that! :D

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Gee I never seen so many white cars. Aint you got any other color? ;D
Joe

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
[/quote]

Geeze you didn't work in Vermont did you? We had a dealer around here go out of trust like that, spent several years in jail. Mostly good dealers around here, so small town you'd get caught in a hurry.

Gotta love those heated seats :D.

[/quote]

It was in Ohio.

Do you do lot moves at regular intervals? I've noticed, since then, that most do not.

Oh yeah, heated seats are the best, especially on the lumbar region when you're wearing all that polyester. Think I may be allergic to polyester. :P Don't know how I survived the 70s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread