Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't skied much in these past couple of years....only a few times. Here's some video I shot today with my little HP camera. It's just an old digital camera so the quality isn't that great. It'll be just like watching home movies for you guys. :D

I started out just cross country skiing....but with our new dog, Bill, I have to put him on a leash because he likes to follow the deer trails. Well...putting Wild Bill on a leash while skiing was an adventure. He pulled me up the hills...and on the flats he was just like a sled dog. 8)

I know they have races with dogs pulling people on skis. The name for this sport is skijoring and it is becoming really popular. My sister does it with her dog....and now I know why. It's a blast. :)

We just found an old harness that we had...and now I need to find something with a quick release to put around my stomach......I think I'm just going to use an old fanny pack for that......and Billy and I will be official skijorers!

CLICK BELOW!!

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Re: Skijoring!!

Ski, dont think so, tried it first time without ever have had them on before, issue skis in Labrador, no hill, on my way to Arctic. I got them on and fell for 23 minutes on flat land. It sounded like someone stacking lumber. I did give the other
non-skiers a laugh but not enough guts to try it. We did our work with snow shoes.
I would like to learn but just never had the chance.
Thanks Gnewt

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Very cool Lisa...wish we were there with you...Cheyenne and I cross country together and your area looks about the same as the places we go.

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark

verry good but it looks cold towards the end i expected to see a down hill run with a tree appearing dead center end frame

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250

That does look like fun....got to admit though...I was hoping for a wipe-out... :)...at the 1:16 mark I thought you were a goner.....the beginning reminded me of a Chapstick commercial...

OP
OP
Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Montana Jim said:
:o Holy Moly that looks like fun!

Was that the Princess of Monaco?

No, Jimtana....the princess of Monalisa! :P

Gypsy O' Leary said:
Very cool Lisa...wish we were there with you...Cheyenne and I cross country together and your area looks about the same as the places we go.

I'm surrounded by hills, Miss. O'Leary. At the end, you can kinda see my house....but the camera has water on the lens from falling while trying to video. :D

bill gent said:
verry good but it looks cold towards the end i expected to see a down hill run with a tree appearing dead center end frame

I know you, Willy. You were hoping to see me fall but I took all the falls out of the video. :P It's very difficult to hold a leash in one hand, a camera in the other and have a dog pull you over a rough trail. I saved my falls for funniest home videos. 8)

Copperhead said:
That does look like fun....got to admit though...I was hoping for a wipe-out... :)...at the 1:16 mark I thought you were a goner.....the beginning reminded me of a Chapstick commercial...

Sorry to disappoint you guys. I look so much cooler when I'm on my feet. 8)

Hope you didn't get sick watching....I filmed it in the style of "The Blair Witch Project". :D :D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That look like fun, Lisa. You got beautiful country up there too. Knowing my dogs, they would had bolted after a rabbit or deer and pulled me into the trees. Thanks for sharing your fun with us.

;) RR

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Great Video Lisa!! And Bill's tail never stopped .... :D :D He is such a good boy...hope you gave him a wam rug by the fire when you got back.

Dave

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lisa, you are very fortunate to have the land and countryside to be able to do such a great outside activity.
I will say, narration with the music would have been nice. Words like :"MUSH", and "oh poop" and few other choices, plus heavy breathing ;) would have added to the video! :D
Maybe dragging the DFX behind you could have produced something! ::)

Don

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Lisa I felt like I was there, thanks for the ride. A couple of times I caught my self trying to balance :D. So really.......who had more fun? You or the dogs? :)

OP
OP
Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don in SJ said:
I will say, narration with the music would have been nice. Words like :"MUSH", and "oh poop" and few other choices, plus heavy breathing ;) would have added to the video! :D

Don

Don...it would have been "R" rated....plus I don't have a cute Pennsylvania Dutch accent like somebody else on this forum. ::) ::) ::)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
looks like fun........FOR YOU! me...............i would have broken my neck! ;D by the way, did you ever make it to that blue man concert?

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looked like so much fun even if it did look soooooo cold, and I think that if I ever had the chance I think I would try it. Now I got get me somthin like a weenie dog puppy to pull so I diont go to fast the first time ;D Then work my way up to a bigger and little older dog!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread