watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT is cool!. . . Open's up a whole new world. . .

Take care & Happy Shooting!
watercolor

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
VERY cool sis!! I have never tried zooming so far! :o May have to try it now just to see if mine will get so close! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Check out this dot in the sky. :D (really was a dot)

Attachments

• birds 026.JPG
    birds 026.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 418
  • birds 025.JPG
    birds 025.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 416

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Country Girl, Thank you for the reminder, I have gone through lots of cameras in
my life, from Argus C-3, Retina II, 1939 Leica, Minolta, 3 Cannons, Leica digital, and
2 Olympus. Each had their purpose and did a great job.
The three Cannons I had were my favorite but two were destroyed, and one stolen.
My Grandson has a Cannon and has been tempting me with his pictures and now dear person you pushed me over the top. I gotta have one too.
I have been hanging around the Camera counter drooling for a few months now, trying to figure out which lens I want.
You did a fine job with those pictures, without a tripod. I doubt I could be that steady without a prop. A hiking stick helps, I still have a barrel of them so I'll get me one measured for the camera height. Gnewt

1960texan

Dec 6, 2007
Texas
Country Girl,
That is amazing! You have to have a rock steady hand to zoom that much without a tripod. Good job.
1960Texan

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Great Shots! Canons have always been my favorite cameras....I have owned so many of them....

Also, if you have a microscope....put the camera lens to the eye piece and snap...here's an example from this past weekends hunt to read the date on an Indian Head Penny that was found...

And two shots of crystals I found at the Crator of Diamonds last August....

Attachments

• 103_0974a.jpg
    103_0974a.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 103_0971a.jpg
    103_0971a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0565a.jpg
    IMG_0565a.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 361
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks folks! It does take some practice getting steady shots with the zoom. One trick is do it the old fashioned way :wink: , don't flip open the screen, look throught the view finder. Now the birds are a different story, those buggers keep switching direction and you end up with a stiff neck trying to chase them around with the camera. :D

Gnewt, I'm glad I pushed you over the edge! :) Let us know what you get, can't wait to see the pictures.

Ron and Ann, I don't have a microscope, but it does take awesome pictures through a Loupe. Thanks for the info, great job on the coin.

Keep shooting!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kim, I think the Canon S3 was a terrific buy for the money and have never regretted buying. You did have a nice steady hand for that zoom shot. I have also found using the viewfinder in lieu of the screen(What a great feature that is on this digital) that It is better for stationary zoom shots, I believe that is how I did the Cooper Hawk photograph, using the viewfinder....

For trying to see dates, I take a Super Macro shot, then zoom in on it on the review of the photo and blow it up to very large and very clear size to read. But I do use a homemade camera stand for almost all of my coin photos. See this link for my homemade macro camera stand:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,51350.0.html

Don

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Looking good CG. My Brother has one like yours and it does a great job. You can crop your pictures if you want and the subject will be bigger yet.If you don't have software to do that a free down load is available called Infanview. Its free and a very nice download. I don't know how to post a link on here or I would.If your interested do a search on it.
Van

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VanGone said:
Looking good CG. My Brother has one like yours and it does a great job. You can crop your pictures if you want and the subject will be bigger yet.If you don't have software to do that a free down load is available called Infanview. Its free and a very nice download. I don't know how to post a link on here or I would.If your interested do a search on it.
Van

Irfanview.com - free software download, I have been using it for many years to combine photos. Here is a background color demonstration photo I put together with 16 separate pictures and combined into one photo. It is great for showing your coins Obverse and Reverse side, dirty, and then cleaned or whatever. Highly used program by many and without a doubt a great bargain!

Don

Attachments

• BACKGROUNDDEMONSTRATION.JPG
    BACKGROUNDDEMONSTRATION.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 289
  • BACKGROUNDDEMONSTRATION.JPG
    BACKGROUNDDEMONSTRATION.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 284

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Fun posts Cgirl!

I need to find more info on digi photgraphy for the posts...

Using a Nikon Coolpics 4600, now, and either need to learn how to use it better, or step up just a little so I can have more control over the camera.

Want to build a mini studio, take-down?, to use for improved lighting.
Also wish I had remote shutter, and sync for remote flash.

...I've tried a number of times to sell off my old Minolta SRT101 35mm on craigslist with no response.
It was fun for a lot of years. Had all the B&W darkroom stuff... all gone now.

Hard to believe they might stop making film...
I suppose it will just get real pricey. :(

rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Would like help with digi photography!

Here's pics I just took...

My shutter button is a 2step. Press halfway, and it will focus, then the rest of the way it will record the pic.
(This all being in the macro mode.)

I need to build some kind of light diffusion rig where I can eliminate the shadows in these pics...
and also get shadow of the camera out of the pic...

and some way to hold the camera and trigger it remote at proper distance for macro focus.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Pics are always fun, and make posts much better.
I'd like to do the best I can, especially for entertainment. ;D

Thanks
rmptr

Attachments

• 5408 014zz.JPG
    5408 014zz.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 5408 016zz.JPG
    5408 016zz.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 5408 014zz.JPG
    5408 014zz.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 5408 011zz.JPG
    5408 011zz.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 212
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Actually I think you are doing just fine. :) Sometimes you are better off without the macro setting, try it with auto also and see what comes out better.

Don made a nice a stand, see the link posted above. I think it's awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread