Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some Bleeding Heart photos taken with my digital Canon SLR EOS Rebel XTi.
bleedhrt1sml.jpg

I used Paint Shop Pro and MicroGRAFX Picture Publisher to size, balance the photos.
bleedhrt2sml.jpg

The 10X Macro (filter mount) is made by Asia Camera. I mounted it over my 28-200mm lens.
bleedhrt3sml.jpg

I gave each a 12% color saturation boost with MicroGAFX Picture Publisher.
bleedhrt4sml.jpg

Colorful flowers make good macro shots...don't you think? I know, old coins look good too...this is a way to practice close up to get the best color and sharpness, so when your finds show up...turn out great and maybe make the banner.
bleedhrt5sml.jpg

More...
bleedhrt6sml.jpg

Spring is here, the flowers are rather nice this year, not dried out like in hot weather.
bleedhrt7sml.jpg

:D :wink: ;D :) All photos are high resolution 300 ppi and I used the IMG code box (copy, paste) from at PhotoBucket to paste directly into my post (no buttons need be clicked to post images this way).

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
I wish I had a good camera like that to take photos with. Nice Pictures!!! :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
absolutely gorgeous!! Very few blooms around here just yet...they are starting though! Thanks for sharing yours!

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the Tulips, Grape Hiyacinth just have sprung out...they look nice this year too. Kept them for another post.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I just went out and checked and the bleeding heart by my back door does not even have a hint of a bloom yet....at least now I know what I have to look forward to! ;D

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
I just went out and checked and the bleeding heart by my back door does not even have a hint of a bloom yet....at least now I know what I have to look forward to! ;D

Last year the Bleeding Hearts didn't look anything like now...just have tons of blooms on. :icon_sunny:

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Awesome shots! You have a macro touch. Bleeding hearts are just starting to come out here.

Trick to growing them bigger, faster? In the late Summer, early Fall when they are starting to turn yellow, take a weed whacker and wack them down. They will almost double in size the following Spring. I was LIVID the first time my husband did this, until spring when it was twice as nice. Lucky man! Now we do it every year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread