4 Fireplaces

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I can get you some blue and orange from Florida to maybe go better with that 3rd one :wink:

Gosh they are so pretty I don't think I like any better than the other, were the mantels in the house when you got it? Or did you pick them up here and there and install them?

I might try and copy one or two of them in houses I rebuild down here, thanks for sharing some wonderful pieces of craftsmanship with me

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Bridge End Farm said:
I can get you some blue and orange from Florida to maybe go better with that 3rd one :wink:

Gosh they are so pretty I don't think I like any better than the other, were the mantels in the house when you got it? Or did you pick them up here and there and install them?

I might try and copy one or two of them in houses I rebuild down here, thanks for sharing some wonderful pieces of craftsmanship with me

The mantles are original to the house. All the window frames are walnut and I have 2 large cypress pocket doors. Unfortuanately, I was on a "sabatical" ::) and when I got the house back my ex had painted most of the woodwork in the house! :BangHead:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I just love your fireplaces...every single one of them...what a treasure that house of yours is!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
wesfrye53 said:
Bridge End Farm said:

The mantles are original to the house. All the window frames are walnut and I have 2 large cypress pocket doors. Unfortuanately, I was on a "sabatical" ::) and when I got the house back my ex had painted most of the woodwork in the house! :BangHead:

I hate paint on beautiful wood myself, I tip my hat to you sir for your hard work to bring back her beauty and luster. That of which you have done an excellent job

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Paint is OK Wes!

It has protected old wood for very many years...

We can strip it off very well, any time you're ready.

rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread