nice fish for a kids contest

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I took my girlfriends kids to a fishing tournament this morning and this is what Mikeal (9 years old) caught on a worm and a bobber. It weighed in at 6.95 ounces and he caught it all by himself. I had to get it out of the water for him but OMG what a fight this 50 pound kid had with this 7 pound catfish. We have to go back out to the lake at 3:00pm for the prizes but we had to come back town for some lunch and some a\c. Thanks for looking, Charlie.

Well he ended up winning first place for his age group and won a new Zebco rod and reel and about $25.00 worth of lures. Then he also won the grand prize for the biggest fish of the contest which was another rod and reel, a tackle box and a new Crossman air rifle. He is one happy little kid today and I think I scored some major brownie points with his mom (my girlfriend). Maybe I'll get a steak and a beer for taking the kids fishing today while she had to work. Even if I don't I think I had more fun then the kids did today.
I was a little surprised at him too, he gave one of his new rod and reels to his older sister (she didn't win anything but fished all morning without one complaint).

Attachments

• mikealsfish.JPG
    mikealsfish.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 221
  • mikealsfish2.JPG
    mikealsfish2.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 216
  • fishing contest 001.JPG
    fishing contest 001.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 178

EDDE

Gold Member