Trail camera, Coyote!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Normally I would be tickled pink with these pictures, but....Ty rides his bike out there and there is a family of bunnies out there. So we will just have to have Ty stay away from that area for now, and monitor how often the Coyote comes around. I'm guessing we will be missing a bunny or two, but that is nature. :-\

Sure is a healthy looking Coyote, I am glad to see that. Enjoy the pictures! :)

Attachments

• coyote post.JPG
    coyote post.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 513
  • coyote post 2.JPG
    coyote post 2.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 488

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Very nice picture of the coyote. Looks like a nice area that he has to roam around in. Your right. He does look healthy and well fed. I hope Ty and the bunnies stay safe. Stay safe.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Actually Ty riding his bike out there might keep the coyote away more often and save the bunnies! lol Awfully nice pic you got of him!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
They really are more afraid of us than we are of them. So I am not too worried about Ty, unless there is more than one, if they are in a pack that's different. Or if they are with young, I'll keep an eye on it for a couple days.

Yup they made it ther Wes......

Range and Distribution
Although the historical evidence supporting occurrence of coyotes in New England is inconclusive, no coyotes were present in the late 1800s. Since the mid-1900s coyotes have moved from the Midwestern states, through Canada and into the Northeastern and mid-Atlantic states. The first verified account of a coyote in New Hampshire was in Grafton County in 1944. Between 1972 and 1980 coyotes spread across N.H. from Colebrook to Seabrook. Today, coyotes are common in every county throughout the state.

A picture I may never have gotten without the trail camera. :)

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
Hey, how much does it cost to get a good trail camera? I would love to set one up.......

Evolx10

Dec 20, 2007
Bronx - NY
Detector(s) used
DFX-300, M6
Love them pics, wish mine were that clear i snapped these on a day i wish i brought my telephoto lens -severely blow up , and stupid me had the camera off and on a rock when this guy jumped onto a rock wall about 10 feet from me then strolled into the brush and yawned..

if ya bored punch these into Google Earth to see where it was,
40 - 52 - 40.42 N
73 - 48 - 51.30 W
took them last year- Sad thing is this year i just saw a dead coyote on the adjacent parkway.
The nor-easter coyotes seem to be bigger and are known (friend witnessed it) to take down young deer. So i wouldn't be too complacent if your kid is playing in the woods, but also not too worried.

GL with more tail photos . :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Coyote_badPhoto_002-sm.jpg
    Coyote_badPhoto_002-sm.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 415
  • Coyote_badPhoto_008-sm.jpg
    Coyote_badPhoto_008-sm.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 397
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Marine, after a ton of research I decided on the Mounoltra, $99. and it is sweet! I've had a ton of fun with it, some of the bird feeder pictures are priceless! :D The Deer, great. Sometimes it's days before you get a picture, and there are things that surprise you. What are kids doing out there. where are they going, where did they come from. Small town here, and I get surprised with this camera a bunch! :wink:

Hey E, I'm never bored, but always interested, so I'll scope it out. I love your pictures, I'd have been thrilled with them.

I've actually found deer carcas, fur and bone left out there. You can tell it wasn't fresh, so I don't worry too much , but my Hubby does. He used to make me carry these dang walkie talkies when I went out alone. I'll be detecting, he'll call, I jump out of my skin :D. I'd tell him the only scarry thing out here is this walkie talkie going off! :D

I'm going to go check the memory card here in a bit Granny.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
rofl just imagining you out in the woods in the peace and quiet and Gerr callin ya on that thing! I think I would end up throwing something....hopefully not the detector...just because of how startling it would be! I am sure glad you said he USED to make ya! lol

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Can these cameras be set up for crime prevention? Would love to set one up in my yard. Sure is safer than going out to check on things that go bump or " BANG" in the night. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Well Sis, now it's the dang cell phone vibrating in my pocket and I think I just put my digger through an electrical line! :D Geeze if he would jut stop being a worry wart, my heart my last a couple years longer. :D

Not GE, absolutely. They will even take video during the day and when the flash is needed go back to still photo's. But beware, I actually got a picture of the back of a large giirl on a 4 wheeler, with her thong hanging out. :tard:

What the heck is this critter? Not all night shots are great?

Attachments

• trail 004.jpg
    trail 004.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 437

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The dark critter in your picture is a bunny wabbit! Have a look see for yourself........

Attachments

• It\'s a bunny wabbit!.jpg
    It\'s a bunny wabbit!.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 446

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OOPS, Sorry, could also be a 'coon, my wife just pointed that out.......leave it to a woman who could never make up her mind before...... ::)

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trail camera comes thru again, nice pics of the rascal. Wes, we have had Coyotes here in Southern NJ for many years, even a hunting season for them. I came across two of them while bike riding back in the early 90's, that was the first ones I saw in this area, but they were reported here for a longer time before that.

Don

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Re: Trail camera, Coyote! Bunny added.

Yup Don, we have had them since the 50's around here. They used to call them Coy dogs.

Here is the little fella I am afraid for. :-\ Always just sits there and stares right back at me. :D

Attachments

• bunny, button 004.jpg
    bunny, button 004.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 481
  • bunny, button 006.jpg
    bunny, button 006.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 417

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Don in SJ said:
Trail camera comes thru again, nice pics of the rascal. Wes, we have had Coyotes here in Southern NJ for many years, even a hunting season for them. I came across two of them while bike riding back in the early 90's, that was the first ones I saw in this area, but they were reported here for a longer time before that.

Don

Didn't realize they had migrated that early. Seems like they made themselves aware in Tennessee about 15 years ago...but then again I have been known to be wrong! :walk:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions