Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, honey do believe me when it starts to lightning & thunder stay indoors. We had just finished up replacing a barb wire fence when you could hear the thunder in the distance and see thunderheads forming. I got to the house without getting wet, but had wet clothes on due to the heat & humidity. After I changed, went out on the back porch to watch the rain, the thundering had moved off and just then out of nowhere lightning struck. I saw the flash & the dyamite boom was so close, I jumped up and ran inside. Poor hubby was still out at the workshop putting the fencing equipment away. Well, he was closer to the strike, he said he felt his hair raise on his body. I know that feeling...been there, done that!

Needless to say, another dead pine tree...thank goodness I had moved the few cattle in the haybarn lot to another field just yesterday evening.

p7100156 (2).jpg

p7100157 (2).jpg

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Poor tree. Powerful stuff that Lightning.
Stay safe,
Joe

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad yall were not standing under that tree..Pine Tree = Lightning Rod...

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Judie, WOW! Close hit. We had a big old pine get hit, looked just like that crack in the tree, all the way through. We had to have it taken down, way too big and too close to the road to do it ourselves. The strike took out my phone, computer and two outlets in the house. Way too close for comfort. Glad you all are safe!

Nick, all ours was good for was cord wood and mulch. :-\

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lightning is 'Very serious stuff", glad you guys are safe.
I had a neighbor who lost five head of cattle to one strike, & I heard the noise of a strike, & saw the flash , that killed a Stallion.

Fossis..............

K-Man

Apr 12, 2007
marinette, wi
lightning strike is serious there were five of six young lives lost in less than a week due to lightning strikes the youngest was 16

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank goodness your family is OK. Lightning is quite a scare at times. Some times trees can survive a hit. Take care.

Burdie

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
Living in the lighting capital of the world I had two large pine trees in my yard and lighting struck them the same way blowing out the bottom of one.... both are dead now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread