Took a road trip with my kids .............( 11 pics )

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
.........I realize this isn't detecting related, but, I thought you may enjoy some pics from the midwest USA.

So.......here we go. Up 1st is my daughter Sandy ( playing a portable video game ) who keeps reminding me that Monday 8/4/08 is her 12th birthday. Do you see a hint, hint, right??

w1.jpg

We took a trip to Cincinnati Ohio, a large city in the midwest USA. Before getting there, I showed the kids a bridge some of my high school friends & I use to jump from....Yes, off the top.

w2.jpg

we are standing on a replacement bridge about 1/4 mile away. The bridge you see doesn't look that high, however, the top is about 40 feet off the water. Several of us "invincible" high school boys out willing to impress our girlfriends ( sorry, she didn't marry me either, LOL ) would climb up those "X" rails along the side to the top & take the leap, without a life jacket!

My kids thought I was crazy. Hmmm, I won't do that anymore these days. Maybe I'm a little smarter these days, or I like my bones intact.

moving right along....

Stopping near the small airport on the east side on Cincinnati, I noticed this F-86 sabre. If you were in the American military during the early 1950's, you'll recognize this one......

w3.jpg

I showed the kids where their mom worked before they were born. Yes, she worked on the 27th floor of the 31 story 5/3 Bank tower you see in the center of the pic below.....

w5.jpg

You are riding on 5th street in downtown Cincinnati. The building on the right is the tallest building in Cincy. It's 45 floors high & history says it was built within 90 days during the 1930's.

Has anyone heard of P & G? ( Proctor & Gamble ) They make soap powders & tons of other household products sold around the world. Here's a pic of their home office. This is a partial pic, the place is 2 full city blocks long:

w6.jpg

Ever heard of a golf driving range over water? Here's one with a boat in the lake to aim for:

w7.jpg

Hmmm, I'm not sure how they "round up" the balls at the end of the day.
Anyway.....heading toward home, we have a few more hopefully interesting pics to show.
Anybody heard of the great American Civil War Ulysses Grant??
He was born in the small house shown below:

w9.jpg

A sign telling about his boyhood:

w10.jpg

Riding down the road.....here's the birthday girl playing with the digital camera herself:

w8.jpg

Here are my kids "hanging out" along the mighty Ohio River near our home. It's a great place to waterski on.......

w11.jpg

What's a day without stopping at an ol' fashion ice cream shoppe?? Here's one that looks like 1950's ice cream shop, it has a jukebox, black & white checkerboard floor tiles & full of pictures of Elvis & other musical performers of the American 1950's....

w12.jpg

Well, hope you enjoyed the pics of a little road trip here in the midwest.

Oh yes.....we will be on that river watersking tomorrow afternoon!

Yeah! ..........see ya mark

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute kids! Love the jet! Road trips are fun. Did you take a detector?

OP
OP
mark.

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
jimb said:
Cute kids! Love the jet! Road trips are fun. Did you take a detector?

No, the ground around here is too hard for hunting.
I'll start back up in Sept. after the water hunting season is over.........see ya mark

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello Mark. Interresting tour with some good pics. On that golfing over that water there must be
a lot of fish get bonked on the head. LOL.
Ray karenray08

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions