Hen Party

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out yesterday morning picking up branches that were blown down by TS Hanna on Saturday and I got about half the property done, took a break and when I came outside again, my good ole buddy Hilda was under the Dogwood tree eating the fallen berries and she had a friend with her who I shall now call Gilda. 8)

I decided to wait till they were done feeding, well, they never left, they were setting up camp in my yard, lying down, preening, and occasionally getting up to stroll over to my bird feeder and my neighbors and back to the garden area to rest again.

Bottom line, they stayed all day and did not cross the pond's dam breast till dusk, so needless to say the yard cleanup had to wait till today. Today no sign of either Hilda or Gilda! :D

Don

Attachments

• HildaAndGilda000.JPG
    HildaAndGilda000.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 290
  • HildaAndGilda001.JPG
    HildaAndGilda001.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 285
  • HildaAndGilda002.JPG
    HildaAndGilda002.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 280
  • HildaAndGilda003.JPG
    HildaAndGilda003.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 280
  • HildaAndGilda005.JPG
    HildaAndGilda005.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 281
  • HildaAndGilda006.JPG
    HildaAndGilda006.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 272
  • HildaAndGilda008.JPG
    HildaAndGilda008.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 280

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Good lookin' turkeys!

Was it Ben Franklin that suggested them for our national bird?

Nice pics!

:thumbsup:

rmptr

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi don how are you? great pics :thumbsup:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
rmptr said:
Good lookin' turkeys!

Was it Ben Franklin that suggested them for our national bird?

Nice pics!

:thumbsup:

rmptr
Yep, that was ol' Benji.

And Alexander Graham Bell wanted everyone to answer their phones "Ahoy hoy."
If you've ever caught an episode of The Simpsons where Mr. Burns answers the phone, this is the phrase he uses.

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
So have they been back to visit? Great pictures Don! :thumbsup:

They have claimed the property as theirs! All Squirrels, Blackbirds, Morning Doves are now being chased away by the ever vigilant ladies. They now just look up at me when I go outside and maybe only move a few feet, I think they know they are safe for now. Kind of cool having them here everyday, at least so far. They have even roosted a few evenings in one of the big pine trees overhanging the pond.
I sure hope next Spring during Gobbler season that they attract a Gobbler to the property, I would love to get photographs of one with his tail feathers all displayed like he thinks he is a Peacock or something. ;D

Don

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Don in SJ said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
So have they been back to visit? Great pictures Don! :thumbsup:

They have claimed the property as theirs! All Squirrels, Blackbirds, Morning Doves are now being chased away by the ever vigilant ladies. They now just look up at me when I go outside and maybe only move a few feet, I think they know they are safe for now. Kind of cool having them here everyday, at least so far. They have even roosted a few evenings in one of the big pine trees overhanging the pond.
I sure hope next Spring during Gobbler season that they attract a Gobbler to the property, I would love to get photographs of one with his tail feathers all displayed like he thinks he is a Peacock or something. ;D

Don

When you get that pic Don, be sure and post it! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread