lake powell 08 432.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 524

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Yup! That's definitely Jeep country, Dan.

I just spotted a '48 Willys parked on a side street with a 4 sale sign, yesterday...

Called the guy. $4,500 asking price! Whew!

El Paso!

Best
rmptr

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
My dad had a jeep when we were kids....I miss that darn ugly thing! I actually cried when he sold it!

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 456

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
That's a good looking Jeep, Cyn!

A nice top w/doors, and oversize tires for a soft ride... I like it! ;D

and what a great looking shop.

I REALLY like the shop. I could just string up a hammock near the fridge and I'd be in heaven! ;D

Gosh I like that shop!

Best,
rmptr

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol he moved the firewall back in that jeep and put a corvette engine in it...then got the huge balloon tires on it and we played in the sand dunes with it when we lived on the coast. My understanding was the guy that bought it wrapped it around something solid rather quickly. :'( Yeah.....pretty nice shop.....sure wish I had that shop now AND the jeep! ;D

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
After 10 or so years Jeeps keep costing more than when new. For some reason they hold up better on rough roads than the highway, at least they did years ago. thanks for the show. The old scouts were pretty good too by International, they were quicker to high center though. Gnewt

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Guys we ran with had trouble with breaking axles in the scouts. always had to carry a spare or two.

I've seen quite a few I liked the 'look' of, though...

Best,
rmptr

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
That may be the reason for the bronze ring gear in the Scout, I had rather replace the axle. Gnewt

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only in a Jeep? My Range Rover goes everywhere a Jeep will, but with leather, AC, a V8, power windows, power seats................

rover2si2.jpg

merover2.jpg

Just giving you a hard time. ;D ;D ;D

I love Jeeps too. They are just too short and tend to get high centered a little too often for me.

Best-Mike

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Yah, yah... Gollum! ;D

That's too plush for the likes of someone like me! LoL

Never had a fancy, pretty 4x4.

Must be nice, to get to your destination, cool, comfortable, and prepared for action!

Now that I think more about it, as I'm joshing you, on my part, an arrival is generally time for (more) beer drinking and recovery from the trip!

Sure wish I still had some of the fun 4x4 pics, to post.

That was the old 35mm days and most those pics have gone by the wayside over the years.

We used to bury 3, 4, and more of 'em to the frame, then plot our recovery... more beer! ;D

Best
rmptr

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Well, what can I say to this... Welcome to Finland with your trucks ;D

Attachments

• user611_pic2526_1214812996.jpg
    user611_pic2526_1214812996.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 334

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
LOL I have a pic similar to that one that was taken of our ram charger years ago! Oh gracious....had not thought of that in a long time...may have to find the pic and scan it so see!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rovers like the water!

Best-Mike

Attachments

• RRa.JPG
    RRa.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 248
  • RRb.jpg
    RRb.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 254
  • RRc.jpg
    RRc.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 196

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
It use to be cheaper to go around, the price of gas now make it cheaper to sell it take a loss and buy another one on the other side or risk tearing it up. Makes a horse look very good. Good show guys, thanks. Gnewt

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Nice Jeep, Fire!

I may have just found an opportunity to get a pair of Jeeps... 1980's models.

They are very much trashed, been sitting parked for years.

One says Scrambler on it, the other is shorter with a big Golden Eagle on the hood.

Owner thinks they are worth a lot more than I could pay, but I might be able to trade labor for them.

They are both totally filthy, covered with ranch trash, and parked because they were broken.

I tried to find their value, but all I can find is $50k show Jeeps and near perfect daily drivers for $5-$7k.

Hard to figure the fair value of an unknown that is thrashed inside and out.

Anyone got ideas?

Best
rmptr

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
...hmm.. Ironically.. my "primary" digging car is a Mercedes ML320... ;-) I sold my Jeep... I was just plotting the biggest tires I could get on it.. and what the lift would be.. I just came down off the mountain about 1/2 hour ago.. a "road" that would make a lot of Jeep owners think twice.. I bought the ML when I had my first boy.. after a really close call on the beltway in a midsize car.. I liked the idea of 4800 lbs of real steel around us.. 162K miles later.. still going strong... I figure some big mudders.. a lift.. roof rack... brush guard.. and a rack to hold the metal detectors in the back!!! I have to admit.. having been in one wreck in the car.. someone ran a redlight on me and I hit her broadside and sent her for a full 360 plus a few extra degrees... totaled her car.. I drove mine to the dealership for repairs.. the size and weight is great..

MonkeyBoy...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread