What is the worst car you ever owned?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
truckinbutch said:
Early '60's Chevy Corvair . "Unsafe at any speed"according to Ralph Nader .

Bet you wish you had it parked somewhere on the place tho
It would be worth a couple bucks now just for the parts.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Old Dog said:
truckinbutch said:
Early '60's Chevy Corvair . "Unsafe at any speed"according to Ralph Nader .

Bet you wish you had it parked somewhere on the place tho
It would be worth a couple bucks now just for the parts.
Spect you're right .

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it was an 82... Plymouth Horizon TC3. The fact that it was blue, that was the only thing that wasn't wrong with it. Total piece of crap, it was my first car, spent my senior year in High School paying for repairs...I ended up leaving it at the mechanics shop, and off to college I went....

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2000 BMW 323ci Talk about unnecessary maintenance with dealer only parts. :censored:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family owned an 87 Chrysler Lebaron that was about the biggest piece of crap for a car I've ever driven.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Volvo. It had more miles on the mechanic's lift than on the highway.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This is an older thread, but I see no one has mentioned the Chevy Vega.

When I got out of the army I bought a new '71 Vega because it was pretty...

At the end of the first year, it used 5 quarts of oil a week and only held 4 quarts. And that's just one of the many. I had so many darned problems in the first year the dealership voided my warranty.

So, after that I parked it and quit making payments. They came to repo it and I smiled and threw them the keys and thanked them for taking it.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My folks had a brand new Dodge 600 K-car in '82. Kept it less than 2 months. The thing would die right in the middle of an intersection for no reason.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Storm punk car . Isuzu :headbang:

Attachments

• 20141120_133857.jpg
    20141120_133857.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 160

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brand new 2001 Ford 550 Power Stroke diesel truck. 3 starters, 4 wiring harnesses, 6 batteries, 4 alternators, spent more time at the dealership than in the yard. I lost all my sense of humour when a mechanic wrote on the work order " Truck must be started every morning and driven 30 miles to maintain the proper charge in the battery". That would be fine if the truck started! So 2150 miles in two years for this work truck I traded it in on a bigger truck. I did win the lawsuit against the builder and dealership and the lawyers were happy, and I did gain a cent, but did it on simple principle of tired of getting screwed around by them.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1974 Mercury Comet, a dad gift. And a surprise, 2 cylinders missing... the beast was a 4 cylinder version that was in a accident and fixed apparently. It was repaint with a roller in two tones of blue, the kind you see in a bathroom. :BangHead:
Just remembered once lost a wheel when going to hockey practice on a very cold winter day. Months later, lost a cylinder while crossing the Champlain bridge at rush hour but still managed to arrive home. Towed to the scrap yard the next day. :headbang:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an older thread, but I see no one has mentioned the Chevy Vega.

When I got out of the army I bought a new '71 Vega because it was pretty...

At the end of the first year, it used 5 quarts of oil a week and only held 4 quarts. And that's just one of the many. I had so many darned problems in the first year the dealership voided my warranty.

So, after that I parked it and quit making payments. They came to repo it and I smiled and threw them the keys and thanked them for
taking it.

A friend of mine "1982) had a Vega. He had a lot of problems with it. I had a Chevette.... it was worse.
On a side note, I have found a Vega wagon that is NOT rusted away. 350 V8.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
85' Jeep Cherokee....clocked more miles behind a tow rope until it finally burned to the ground...my own volunteer fire dept. came and put it out. Surprised there isn't more Jeeps on here, what a pile of garbage!! Have a Tundra for the past 10 years, couldn't ask for a more reliable truck

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brand new 2004 dodge ram 1500 4x4 quad cab . Radio , drivers mirror , two blend doors ( whole dash has to come out ) rust at 45,000 miles left rear quarter above the wheel , rust on other rear quarter at 65,00 miles . Trucks electric throttle froze on me two times leaving me with an idle for 45 mins to an hour til it warmed the throttle and freed it .Traded it off with pcm problems at 77k as the dodge ram customer service department told me my seven year old truck was old and I need a new one . Got a whopping 12k on it at trade , paid 34k for it new .

I now drive a 1997 chevy 1500 I can fix myself and is more reliable than the dodge at 200k and going strong and you can treat it like a truck . My elbow bent the hood on my dodge lifting the wiper blade to dry the window after washing it . Hood reminded me of a pop can .

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
We have two daughters so my wife has had three Dodge Caravans with the last one being a 2011. Biggest piece of junk on the road and by 2014 the thing was falling apart. Shocks - struts completely gone, middle row captains chairs coming out of the floor (not loose bolts), the brakes aren't good on it as it's heavy, lots of other minor things and with the salt on the roads around here in the winter it was starting to rust by the 3rd year.
My 2001 Nissan Sentra is still going strong and just started showing a little rust when it was over 15 years old. So she got a Nissan Rogue and it's been really good, even took it out west to California to visit relatives and haven't had a single issue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread