Small earthquake swarm on the San Andreas...

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just reporting something interesting...

There have been 4 microquakes on the San Andreas in the past 3 days... in the same spot - near Indio California

sa.jpg

Looking at the list here... I noticed a small pattern of regularity...

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US2/33.35.-117.-115_eqs.php

It started on April 8th.... (times are UTC)

1.5: 2011/04/08 08:12

16 hours later...

1.4: 2011/04/09 00:01

28 hours later

1.3: 2011/04/10 03:57

35 hours later... a short while ago...

1.5: 2011/04/11 15:38

It will be interesting to keep an eye on Indio CA for the next few days - to see if the quakes continue to grow farther apart in time... or if these are foreshocks. This IS near where many scientists think the "Big One" will start.

It amazes me Californians go about their daily business of building new homes and roads in such a disaster prone area... especially in hindight of Katrina, Indonesia and now Japan.

I think it's time to evacuate L.A. and southern California, BEFORE it's too late!

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I'm more concerned with the latest activity in TN and NV.

The CA swarm is just Ma Earth releasing pressure.

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Both areas could be devastated for sure... if you google Russian Scientists earthquake putin electromagnetic west coast madrid - you will find a lot of chatter about a certain window of March and April - peaking in late March - so far nada.. but these areas pose a major national security threat. IMHO (regardless of what the Russians say!)

I am not sure why I am obsessed with the San Andreas - other than we know the history of the fault quite well through the soil and rock strata, and know it's overdue....

I wouldn't want to be either place if The Big One hits - that's for sure.

For my own curiosity's sake - I mapped the Indio quakes out in Google Earth...

Attachments

• indio.jpg
    indio.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 219

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Marc:
I wish people would heed your advice --and leave Southern California; too many people here. Excessive taxes, a nearly bankrupt state, high unemployment and a zillion foreclosures hasn't made much of an impact on decreasing the Calif. population (no doubt immigration of illegals has 'balanced the scale'); perhaps your suggestion will work.
Don.......

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Marc,

I KNOW this is going to sound beyond weird and unbelieveable BUT I am fairly decent with earthquake predictions. I know when I can't sleep there's going to be a big one in the next 2-3 days. yes, this is documented w/ co-workers and a Notre Dame University professor.

i'm hoping tonight I'll have a sound sleep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread