Extreme case of brown recluse spiders drives owners from Weldon Spring home

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not kidding when they say pesticides a used in tenting are dangerous. I was studying up to apply for a license to apply Vicain during the bedbug flare up of ought-eight. It's a freaking nerve gas. The procedure is to seal up the whole building except for the exit doors, toss in a can of mace in order to clear out all the hobos, then shut the doors and give it a squirt of Vicain and shut down the central nervous system of every organism inside that tent (good thing we got the stragglers out with the mace!). I never applied for the license because the boon petered out, but if I understood right Vicain has a half life measured in several hours. After a certain passage of time relative to the volume of the building and the amount of pesticide used, the building can be slowly vented. But until then it'll kill you as dead as bag of doorknobs.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are not kidding when they say pesticides a used in tenting are dangerous. I was studying up to apply for a license to apply Vicain during the bedbug flare up of ought-eight. It's a freaking nerve gas. The procedure is to seal up the whole building except for the exit doors, toss in a can of mace in order to clear out all the hobos, then shut the doors and give it a squirt of Vicain and shut down the central nervous system of every organism inside that tent (good thing we got the stragglers out with the mace!). I never applied for the license because the boon petered out, but if I understood right Vicain has a half life measured in several hours. After a certain passage of time relative to the volume of the building and the amount of pesticide used, the building can be slowly vented. But until then it'll kill you as dead as bag of doorknobs.

Now that's just crazy stuff when one thinks about the whole picture. Bedbugs, Mace, Hobos, Nerve Gas.... kind of a crazy world we live in at times.

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know someone who almost died to a brown recluse, certainly wouldn’t want 6,000 in my home. A few months back I had a wolf spider terrorizing me in my room, i thought it would be harmless and he would probably die hiding but luckily one night he started charging towards me and after what seemed a long battle I finally was able to squash him, they’re fast little guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread