Hurricane Irene Detecting

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feb 10, 2008
USA
Is this the time when we should be detecting or even walking along the beach (after the storm)? I know I read that after bad hurricanes, gold was found lying on the beaches of NJ....Sandy Hook specifically.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sitting With Liberty said:
Is this the time when we should be detecting or even walking along the beach (after the storm)? I know I read that after bad hurricanes, gold was found lying on the beaches of NJ....Sandy Hook specifically.

Doesn't matter if truckloads of golden ingots were strewn all over the beach at Sandy Hook. You wouldn't be able to even lay a finger on them as the beach is off limits to metal detecting :sign13:

Feb 10, 2008
USA
I know there is no metal detecting at Sandy Hook, but does that also mean you can't walk along the beach and pick up valuables? I was under the impression after storms like these, the coins are literally strewn across the sand....

jemakat

Greenie
Jul 6, 2010
Western Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Had a family vacation scheduled to start this past Saturday on LBI. Was delayed because of Irene, but we are going tomorrow early and my son and I plan on hitting the beach ASAP. Will let you know how we make out.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope everyone did/does great...I have no power so I never got a chance to go down the shore. In a momment of weekness last night at I went over to the Raritan Bay but the police would not let anyone on the beach. Oh well.

Happy Hunting

PS You can't detect Sandy Hook but you can hit the beaches just outside... :wink:

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jemakat said:
Had a family vacation scheduled to start this past Saturday on LBI. Was delayed because of Irene, but we are going tomorrow early and my son and I plan on hitting the beach ASAP. Will let you know how we make out.

How did you do?

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I hit strathmere also that place is dried up I found 1798 Reale I hit Squaw beach found 1811 Reale much of the area was destroyed down in Squaw and Spring lake. Strathmere it looked as if the storm dumped more sand then took away.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jemakat said:
N.J.THer said:
jemakat said:

How did you do?

I was just about to send out the search party... :wink:

Didn't find anything worth reporting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread