Of local interest ...Bottle found...T.C.W.CO.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this bottle today at a bottle dump. There are hundreds of bottles at the site, most look 20th century. I was unequipped to carry any off. Many are cork top type bottles. I stuck this small one in my pocket it says T.C.W.CO. After researching it I found it to be from T.C.Wheaton Glass Company, Millville, New Jersey. It is now the Wheaton Glass Museum, but I think they may still manufacture glass.

Attachments

• 2007_0927Image0003.JPG
    2007_0927Image0003.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 7,867
  • 2007_0927Image0003.JPG
    2007_0927Image0003.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 6,203

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go get em Neil, before a bulldozer gets them. Something you don't see much of anymore is glass containers...except maybe beverages. The cork top type are getting rarer and rarer.

;) RR

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
i have as many as you want of them. The ones I have are from a dairy farm. But I bet you dig a little bit and you will find older ones or go to the out side of the hole and work your way in. Is it a big ditch or low spot in the ground?? well good luck

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Erik:

The spot I found it had thousands of bottles. It is an old homestead that dates back to at least the 1860's. It backs up to a farm that dates back a hundred years more.

The only bottles I see on the surface are 20th century, but I bet there are older ones belo, because I have found pieces of older glass. One of these days I will get back and bring some back.

wesleybama

Aug 24, 2013
Shelby county
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found one just like that today metal detecting not ten feet from a 1889 Indian head penny it still has liquid in it it's sealed so if anyone can tell me about either one I'd be great full

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
great find! I was at barren island this past weekend and grabbed a TCW Co small bottle number 4 seems bottle beach is getting really picked over or I had bad luck but most of my bottles were modern screw top tho I did find a few milk glass jars and a couple blue vicks jars. Grab up those jersey bottles im sure you can find people who want them and if you want company im not to far and would love to get bottles that are older. Congrats again on your find! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread