what town in new jersey do you live in ?

montgomeryjrm

Nov 28, 2007
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ex II, Whites eagle II, Whites spectrum xlt
I lived in Hackettstown, moved down to VA now. I have thank all the people in that area for dropping massive amounts of pocket change. :)

R

robbuckalew

I live in the poconos on PA but I grew grew up in Egg Harbor Township And spent my youth mainly in Ocean City

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Born and bred in Paterson but live in Middletown, NY now. Still work in Ramsey and visit the in-laws in Wyckoff every Sunday.

HH

Funkman

clamdigger

Mar 4, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Barnegat. I need help, I am new to this and hooked. All I find is junk, I need to find the good spots! I think I am going to go to every historic home in the center of town and ask the owner if you dont mind if I MD in your back yard. Some of those homes have been around for 150 yrs. I NEED TO FIND SOMETHING OLD!!!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
clamdigger said:
Barnegat. I need help, I am new to this and hooked. All I find is junk, I need to find the good spots! I think I am going to go to every historic home in the center of town and ask the owner if you dont mind if I MD in your back yard. Some of those homes have been around for 150 yrs. I NEED TO FIND SOMETHING OLD!!!

All I can say is OMG. You have some of the best potential sites for detecting near you. The Burlington/Ocean Co border has some of the richest history in the area! Route 9 dates back to a time when no one had ventured beyond the Mississippi! I bet if you just take a walk on one of the many wooded paths off of it you will find tons of old treasure. There are likely to be old homesteads on Route 9 that are not just wooded lots.

My advice would be to go to the Ocean Co library and start looking at old maps and books. Read books on what to look for when metal detecting. Use Google Earth to investigate possible sites. Knocking on doors is a great idea too!

DO THE RESEARCH!

clamdigger

Mar 4, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
All I can say is OMG. You have some of the best potential sites for detecting near you. The Burlington/Ocean Co border has some of the richest history in the area! Route 9 dates back to a time when no one had ventured beyond the Mississippi! I bet if you just take a walk on one of the many wooded paths off of it you will find tons of old treasure. There are likely to be old homesteads on Route 9 that are not just wooded lots.

My advice would be to go to the Ocean Co library and start looking at old maps and books. Read books on what to look for when metal detecting. Use Google Earth to investigate possible sites. Knocking on doors is a great idea too!

DO THE RESEARCH!
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll take that advise. Today I was in North Jersey, Rockaway. I was doing a job. I always bring my MD with me. I saw in the woods a bunch of rocks, it turned out to be an old cellar, and next to it an old deep well. Got out the detector, alot of trash, some good targets, but too many rocks, I gave up after 30 mins. I had to go, I guess thats why they call it Rockaway! I'll find something!

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Forked River

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woodbridge NJ - I believe my brother owns a strip mall in Bayville.

labsmom

Jul 8, 2007
grew up in morris county, small town by the name of Towaco. Now I live in Freehold and I go to all the beaches in ocean & monmouth counties
Pam

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Historic Mount Holly

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
Labsmom said ""grew up in morris county, small town by the name of Towaco""

Hey, that is where I live now and for the last 20 years. Member of the TVFD.

DonF

Nov 28, 2006
Brick, NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Whites 5900/DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jerzyhuntr

May 30, 2008
Passaic County.NJ
Detector(s) used
DFX-300
FROM CLIFTON----Hi,I live in Clifton Nj(Passaic Cnty.) and was wondering if there was anyone nearby that would like to go meet up for some hunting, educate me some in M'detecting tips,etc.~! I just recently bought me a new DFX300 from "Lou",at Zepplin Hobbies on rt.23! I got bitten by the M-d'n bug while out fishing for blues in KEANSBURG pier,and saw a guy using a detector on the beach,which was a older DFX, so I walked over to him and we chatted for a while,then a few feet from where i was fishing, he dug up in the sand a nice,huge mens diamond ring! then I got bit by the bug,and wanted to get a metal detector.from there on! He told me about a hobby shop on rt.23 and off I go.Just getting used to the machine and was wondering where in nearby Passaic cnty. can i got to hunt some lands or cnty.parks,city parks etc!any permits or special permiossion? any info would be greatly appreciated! oh my name is Harry!

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
I live in Fair Lawn, Bergen County, about toll #155 on the parkway. I'd like to start shallow water hunting at Seaside, Pt Pleasant etc. very soon! Any advice would be appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread