Not So Newbie From Long Island, NY

RangerGal1

Greenie
Sep 17, 2011
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro
Hi, guys, just wanted to check in with you again. I originally registered over 11 years ago when I got a Radio Shack special for my birthday and began hunting local schools and parks in Patchogue, NY.

Well, my birthday came and went without a new detector after the RD busted, was repaired, and busted again...but suddenly, after much hemming and hawing about living near a beach with no detector, Hubby bought me a White's IDX Pro from the local White's dealer. It was a display model, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Came with the 950 coil, and I can't be happier.

I'm back! (Was previously known as just "RangerGal"). My old email addy is totally defunct, so I've had to reregister.

To test the "new" model, I went to a local (salt/brackish) bay beach with hubby and started swinging. Moments later I had a dime, then another dime, some sort of rusted plate, a penny, and some pot metal. Literally 15 minutes total swinging time, and most of it was fumbling in the sand. Awesome! I have never gotten results like that before. It was like picking apples off a tree. I also had absolutely no problem with the salty water's edge and black sand. Didn't have to adjust much at all!

My next big hit will be the local beaches: I'm in Mastic Beach, NY now, right near Smith Point and Fire Island. I can't wait to swing in total freedom near the waterline and above, knowing that I've got a serious detector, a real coin magnet and a great jewelry finder!

Will post picks once I've got something really stunning to show off. (Even a big haul of clad is my kind of find.)
Can't wait to share anything I learn with you, and to continue reading of your spectacular finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread