29 from Las Vegas relocating to Florida

BeginAgain

Sep 15, 2011
Florida
Hello everyone! My name's Jake and I'm in the process of starting to reloacte to Florida. Either the Keys or the Treasure coast, it all depends on work opportunities. As my username suggests, I am starting over in life and moving back East to finish a degree I always wanted to study since I discovered it back in 2004. UWF's BA in Maritime Studies is the closest thing to a degree in treasure salvaging that exists! The degree's all online except for a summer internship, so that frees me up to live anywhere I want while I study. I'm looking to join an active salvage crew in Florida or even in the Caribbean. Here's a little more about myself...
Well let's see, given the fact that I am single and a full time college student (albeit online), I'd be willing to work for a lot less than what a lot of other guys would. I'm a huge history buff so the experience gained working on a site would be looked at in the same way a jobhunter considers company benefits like a 401k or medical insurance before applying All I need is a place to sleep, internet access, 1 or 2 meals a day and a reason to get out of bed every morning and into the water and I'm set! If anyone needs a crew member and and especially anyone who has a boat that can accommodate at least 1 person in a comfortable live-aboard type situation (read: stove, toilet, sink and shower), I'd be willing to work for even less as far as wages go. I'm mechanically inclined, speak 100% fluent Spanish, read and write basic Arabic, grew up in a family that had boats and used them my whole childhood and adolescence, I'm a professional Spanish translator and former translation business owner, I was finishing a degree in Emergency Management and Spanish before I switched to Maritime Studies, I've worked 10+ years in the legal field, attended 1 semester of medical school and have basic medical training (sutures, first aid, etc.). My friends call me "Jake of all trades" LOL. I think I'd be able to pull my weight and be a good addition to any Florida salvage endeavor. If anyone needs a drug/alcohol free crewmember with no loose ends or drama, I'm your man.
Jake

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread