New Member Intro Western Mass Dectectorist

John De

Nov 10, 2011
Pittsfield, Ma.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Welcome, where are you in Western Ma.

John De

OP
OP
franking

franking

Nov 10, 2011
Western Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6, Gold Mnt King Cobra, Discovery 2000, BH Lonestar, Coinmaster 4000/D, Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello - I am at the foot foot of the Berkshires, upper Franklin County area.
Greenfield / Deerfield or some may call it the Pioneer Valley.

John De

Nov 10, 2011
Pittsfield, Ma.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking that there are a lot of great old places to explore out this way - the towns have a lot of history. I'm in Pittsfield and quite a few of the towns were founded in the 1700's - that doesn't mean that I've found anything yet just a lot of bottle caps at a local park, but that's my problem not the machine. I'm attempting to get permission to hunt in the State Forests around here - a good winter project.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Franking

welcome53 (3).jpg

Attachments

• welcome53 (3).jpg
    welcome53 (3).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 260
OP
OP
franking

franking

Nov 10, 2011
Western Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6, Gold Mnt King Cobra, Discovery 2000, BH Lonestar, Coinmaster 4000/D, Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John De said:
I'm thinking that there are a lot of great old places to explore out this way - the towns have a lot of history. I'm in Pittsfield and quite a few of the towns were founded in the 1700's - that doesn't mean that I've found anything yet just a lot of bottle caps at a local park, but that's my problem not the machine. I'm attempting to get permission to hunt in the State Forests around here - a good winter project.

Yes Hi John De- Pittsfield and surrounding areas are excellent hunting grounds in all directions N,S,E,W
Mainly because the general areas were established around the same time frame making the possible hundreds of years old. Great potential there. Good luck in your research and hunting. If I stumble upon anything for your area, I will forward it to you.
:-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread