New guy from the Motherlode

Sam 8

Jan 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT..it is a Pro, but I am a rookie.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Lurked here for awhile after stumbling across the place in a search, I am a retired guy in the Motherlode of California, in the heart of the gold country. I have a long history of 4x4'ing this area and the northern portion of Nevada, but as times (and my back, LOL) have changed my simmering interest in ghost towns and hunting history re-kindled, so here I am.

I will be lurking and learning, trying to come to the right choice on a MD, don't want to spend a fortune but don't want to be replacing one in a year either. I want an "all metal" unit that is effective in my neck of the woods, and would prefer one that has some intuitive features on a "screen".

This appears to be THE place on the internet for this hobby, I look forward to learning and enjoying.

Bayter

Dec 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sam 8,

Welcome to Tnet. I am fairly new here as well and have felt very welcome by the members. I don't know how long you have been a member but the members on here have a plethora of knowledge on any subject you can think of. Good luck and happy hunting.

Bayter

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif