Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi.
I started metal detecting about two weeks ago and think I am thoroughly obsessed. I live in the eastern Bay Area of California. I'm figureing out places to hunt, some obvious and others less so.
I've detected about 20 hours so far and will be posting in the "my finds" thread next. I've found lots of trash and clad, but also a few things that I'm not sure what they are. I've got a few questions about what to do with my stuff, so I hope to be around some in the future. This forum is a great resource, I appreciate all those who participate.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I started metal detecting about two weeks ago and think I am thoroughly obsessed. I live in the eastern Bay Area of California. I'm figureing out places to hunt, some obvious and others less so. I've detected about 20 hours so far and will be posting in the "my finds" thread next. I've found lots of trash and clad, but also a few things that I'm not sure what they are. I've got a few questions about what to do with my stuff, so I hope to be around some in the future. This forum is a great resource, I appreciate all those who participate.
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone newbies from Vallejo: herwin
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Mar 2, 2010
west of chicago
Detector(s) used
minelab excal ,expl se--whts dual fld--garrett infin
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Basically I am a Newbie, but I registered in 2010. Am a retired Chicago Electrician (local 134).Been hunting for over 20 yrs. Hunt in many places but prefer the water.Treasure is where you find it,if you look slowly.Take all your garbage and fill all your holes and our sport will continue to be fun for all.

Last edited:

Tha Sneed

Oct 21, 2016
Red Deer, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all - I'm new to this forum, but not to prospecting. I live in Red Deer, Alberta - but work mainly in British Columbia. I often have my metal detector and pans in the truck with me. Mainly been into metal detecting old homesites, etc. The last couple years I started panning and sluicing in various rivers. Had a friend in the Kootenies that got me hooked. I am Law Abiding of course (I hold a prospecting license in 3 provinces) Last year a friend bought some land in northern Ontario with 5 claims on it, so now I am into hard rock mining as well.

I built a jaw crusher this spring - I will get some pictures up when I can. I also have various sluices I have modified/improved? lol
Blue Bowl, LeTrap, Gold Cube, etc. I like nothing better than wrenching in the garage, so welding and fabricating plans are always
running through my head. I hope to learn a lot on this forum and hopefully help some of you out as well.

Happy Hunting

Little Dove

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am new here as well. Love this site!!! So many wonderful things to read about and see. Good way to lean things too. I do love History and old things made by man or nature. I grew up in Texas, did a lot of arrowhead hunting as a child by local rivers... The Brazos and a smaller one. Have found many points but of course mom has those. Lol. Now I live in Mississippi and have better luck here then in Tx. My first find here was a black rock fossil of a turtle shell found on small river in Ms. My husband from here found black rock shark teeth among many points of every size, a tommy hawk and shards of pottery. I love the out doors and hunting for items of any kind! The best of luck to all, and everyone be safe and careful no matter what u do!!! May God Bless U All!

NEBrownstone

Nov 3, 2016
MA
Detector(s) used
none, yet.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, just starting out. Total noob.
I was bitten by the gold bug 30 years ago and a friend of mine have always wanted to go out and pan for some gold, but never got the chance to look for any. We both lived in Louisiana at the time and unfortunately there's no gold in that there mud. Not much where I live now either in Massachusetts. Although I do understand that some gold has been found in the Westfield River. However, both my friend and my mother live in the Palm Springs area and that's a lot closer to real gold country than where I am now. So, we decided to plan a trip to visit the moms and go sniff around out in the desert and see what we could pan out. We just don't have a bunch of time to run up farther north of there for wet panning. Not planning on quitting the day job to look for gold. My friend and I plan to do this just to go do something together since we haven't seen each other in about 13 yrs. However, I don't want to wander around the desert wasting a bunch of time, so I've been doing the research, which is fun. I've been planning on purchasing a MD for shooting nuggets, but not getting all rigged up for dry-washing. If I lived out there, that'd be a different story, but I don't and have to go light. More than likely we will end up driving around sightseeing with the occasional stop and shoot. I can't see joining any clubs as of yet, but that might be an option if we think we are having enough fun to go back year after year.

We both plan on going out to PS just before Christmas, so if anyone is around that area and just loves to talk about desert nugget hunting, I am all ears.

Russ

Nov 3, 2016
Northern Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I'm Jen and I have been treasure hunting since I was a little girl, my father taught me well. I have been to many places on this earth hunting and finding, I love the puzzle. I am pretty stationary here in Northern Illinois for about 4 years since I have a blended family of six little people now. BUT MY POOR SOUL is going INSANE without the rush of the chase. I'm hoping to find some more local type mysteries and puzzles to solve! I Wish Everyone Safe Journeys and God Speed!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I'm Jen and I have been treasure hunting since I was a little girl, my father taught me well. I have been to many places on this earth hunting and finding, I love the puzzle. I am pretty stationary here in Northern Illinois for about 4 years since I have a blended family of six little people now. BUT MY POOR SOUL is going INSANE without the rush of the chase. I'm hoping to find some more local type mysteries and puzzles to solve! I Wish Everyone Safe Journeys and God Speed!
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Jen! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Illinois for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

JB. Books

Nov 5, 2016
Ozark Mtns, NW. AR
Detector(s) used
1266-X All Purpose Relic Detector
Garrett GTAx 550
and have moved up to the Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Forum Members, having been away from MD for awhile now after being in it previously for 15 plus years, I have recently gotten back into it
and having some older models, Idecided to upgrade to a newer models and I ordered a Fisher F75 to get back into the hobby once again. While researching the new models available
I came across the forum and glad I did, looking forward to being a member here ....

Avaanthonymaine

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75 ltd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I'm from maine been detecting and bottle hunting for about 8-9 years now. Always loved history and enjoy finding and learning about history. Also interested in indian relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread