Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Everyone! New detectorist here ...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Jan 11, 2020
Hampden, MA.01036
Detector(s) used
Not sure right now
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, Brand newbie! I-have a small farm in Western, Massachusetts with a small river running through my property. The original homestead is from 1741. I’ve been here 10 years and have found many mostly metal objects just by chance around the farm.
But most recently, because of a flood part of my lower area near the river is now filled with tons of rocks , which I find fascinating!
I have purchased half a dozen books and how do identify stones and rocks and minerals but I found it much more difficult to read about geology and teach yourself. I come up from the river with pockets and buckets full of interesting rocks.
So I’m wondering if someone can guide me where I can submit pictures of my rocks and get opinions of what they might be.
Any recommendations would be appreciated . And how and where do I put my pictures in?
Thank You, LP

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Brand newbie! I-have a small farm in Western, Massachusetts with a small river running through my property. The original homestead is from 1741....I’ve been here 10 years and have found many mostly metal objects just by chance around the farm. But most recently, because of a flood part of my lower area near the river is now filled with tons of rocks...And how and where do I put my pictures in?
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider posting your "rock" pictures on ROCKS/GEMS for help in identifying them, etc.

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, My name is Jim. I live in a small town called Saline Michigan. Got a Garrett 400 for Christmas in 2019. Been at it ever since. Not sure how much in terms of value, need to count it. But, 25 bucks in Quarter so far and some other interesting junk I can't necessarily identify. Perhaps there is a way to do that here.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, My name is Jim. I live in a small town called Saline Michigan. Got a Garrett 400 for Christmas in 2019. Been at it ever since.
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

...so far and some other interesting junk I can't necessarily identify. Perhaps there is a way to do that here.
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider posting your "interesting junk" on WHAT IS IT? for ID help.

brunswick

Jan 15, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hallo. I'm new but really glad to be here! I'm writing a historical novel based on a well-known wreck in Cornwall, UK, so I have a general interest and also a more specific interest in how salvage diving platforms would have been used twenty years ago to remove artefacts from wrecks. Pleased to meet you all!

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. Best of luck to you all.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hallo. I'm new but really glad to be here!...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks folks, also, I have been asked to start an introductory thread.....how do I do that?

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Georgia, love your State. Well, except driving through Atlanta, don't wish that on anyone. JT

JMorton3

Jan 18, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the site but not to the hobby. What brought me here was a story I remembered reading in Lost Treasure's Treasure Cache 1993 Annual about lost Zuni gold. The article was titled Grand Canyon of Death, and was written by Bill G. Regis. I dug this magazine out today to re-read the story as I hadn't read it in about 20 years. Was curious if anyone had found any more information on this particular stor

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the site but not to the hobby...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

CTrelichunter

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2020
CT
Detector(s) used
White’s MXT Pro
White’s Surfmaster PI dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. Kevin from CT here. New to the site, not to detecting, although I have been on hiatus for awhile. Time to get back into it. :icon_thumleft:

I know there are regional post threads, but thought I’d mention it here also- I’m heading to the Treasure Coast area of Florida from 2/29 to 3/5. Any locals in that area that would like to hunt together, I’d welcome that as I will be travelling solo. I need some away time away from the family. ��

Guardrailnickel

Jan 11, 2020
Pa. 19512
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe from Berks Co. Pennsylvania here. I like to detect beaches as well as old property's and streams. I have also done some CW sites in Va. . Its just too far to travel without someone who has permission to hunt.

Last edited:

Tanglyng

Jan 26, 2020
Telemark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi :-) Thanks for adding me to your site, i have read through many threads and find it very interesting.
I am from Norway where i work on an offshore oil producing platform, we have a great work schedule that allow me to travel a lot and have many hobbies, lately metal detecting and search for lost historic artifacts have really sparked my curiosity.

kchuskey

Jan 22, 2020
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Casey from NE Kansas here. I cheated, and posted in another thread before introducing myself. So I'm officially introducing myself now. I'm in my mid 40's, and love the thrill of the hunt. I work for a media company as an account executive, specializing in cable, and digital media advertising. I always had the urge to explore as a young boy, but as I got older I was too busy to dedicate any real time. Within the last few years I've gotten a metal detector, and recently enjoyed looking for Arrowheads. I'm certainly not a pro, but I have a great time with it. It would be great to have a couple people close by that share similar hobbies. Looking forward to spring so I can get out more, when I'm not riding the Harley. Which I'll add can be a great time to scout new places and towns as well. Look forward to reading everyone's stories, and thanks for reading. ~ KC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread