Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

zoomsszoom

Greenie
Mar 5, 2014
Cheektowaga, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I'm new here and located in Buffalo, NY. I'm 26 and have been interested in treasure hunting my whole life. I have a metal detector and can't wait for it to warm up! In the meanwhile I have been coin roll hunting and am obsessed. I go to the bank every other day and go through a box of pennies in a few hours. Glad to be here.

Butche

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I live in BC Canada and joined this Forum to hopefully get ideas, information, hints and tips on metal detectors and how to use them to get the most out of them.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You must be pretty fast to go through 2500 pennies that fast, zoom. Welcome to the forum. I am in Ne Pa and am waiting on the ground to thaw and snow to melt myself.
Welcome to you too, Butche. I am sure you're having the same fate. You've come to a great place for the tips and info you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brownbeardad

Mar 6, 2014
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 950, 6"x10" Whites, 9.5" Whites concentric
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
retired for about ten years. started metal detecting in 2011. that was one arthroscopic surgery and one kidney stone ago. now looking forward to getting back... if this snow would dry up and not return. using a Whites DFX with 6"x10" coil for ground and 950 for the beach. currently looking for a larger coil for ground searching. plan to research this forum for Whites and Detech coils. anyone have a preference for a DFX?

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just signed up-newb to the site but been pounding dirt and coin rolls for quite a while...actually-its been a while, had these things called twins about 14 years ago...kids...highly overrated! but anyway-picked back up and been scratching the ground...but waiting until this white death completely melts and the ground thaws a little. I live out in the country and have what i believe to be virgin fields to hunt. no avatar pic yet and other things but ill get around to it. Im a member of a local site but the forums are DEAD!! Almost impossible to get a response out of anyone unless you post a pic of a gold bar you dug up. thanks look forward to chatting!!

diginholes

Mar 9, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites xlt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hello i am new to the site.i have been dtecting for about 3 years.i use a whites spectrum xlt.

billy1249

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new to site my name is billy, from northern Illinois.2nd year treasure hunter

Canman55

Mar 8, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just getting started in metal detecting. My wife convinced me it would be a fun time for us both. Ordered an ACE350 and expect it to arrive Wednesday. Can't wait to get started!! Just hope the snow goes away soon here in Indiana. The sight has already been full of helpful tips but can someone tell me, should I let my wife do all the digging or should I help :laughing7:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just getting started in metal detecting. My wife convinced me it would be a fun time for us both. Ordered an ACE350 and expect it to arrive Wednesday. Can't wait to get started!! Just hope the snow goes away soon here in Indiana. The sight has already been full of helpful tips but can someone tell me, should I let my wife do all the digging or should I help :laughing7:

Since she is going to claim all the good jewelry finds you make, I'd say making her earn them is a good idea! Welcome to the forum.

Dig-N-VA

Jan 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250/DD PROformance 8.5 x 11 coil

Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get her a pin pointer at least :p

Welcome! I'm a Newbie too, i got may Ace 250 last month and the DD Proformance 8.5 x 11 Coil, which was faulty LOL

So Garrett is sending me another one (Wheeeeww) i was thinking i would never get to Diggin :D

I hope to get used to this ACE 250 then jump up to an AT PRO :)

Good Luck to ya & Happy Hunting!

:occasion14:

Dig-N-VA

tokkie

Mar 7, 2014
Tuolumne,Ca.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My name is Rick, waiting on my goldhog mini. My intention is to run the tailings from an old mine in Tuolumne, CA. My sister just bought this property and think it is worth a shot. If no gold on the property I will move elsewere seeings how I am in gold country.

Wayne16

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there everyone, Im a Treasure hunter of 3 days now. I won a gift card from the radio station last month and desided to buy a metal detector. well, the gift card was for $100 and to cabela's. I was able to buy the Bounty Hunter model Treasure Hunter. its ok. and yesterday i bought a White's PRL-1 from craigslist for $75. So i think that i upgraded, what do you think? and is the PRL-1 waterproof? it says it is. can i stick the coil in the river or stream? im from louisville, kentucky. not to many good places to hunt, any tips i should look for? thanks guys and gals.

Chris9

Mar 11, 2014
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Minelab Excallibur II 1000
Cobra Beach Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Been looking for a forum on metal detecting and after reading a number of replies, this is the place to be!! Been Metal Detecting for about 5 years and love it. Looking forward to any help and assistance in using my metal detector.

LosAngelesGuy

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I live in Los Angeles, CA, and am looking for others in my area to go for metal detecting excursions with for gold. The closest place I could find was the East Fork San Gabriel river, which I went to last year and took me over an hour to get there with good traffic. I spent all day metal detecting with a Garrett 250 and found nothing but black sand. I need to get a better detector, but I had a couple questions: I've read that gold prospectors are getting tickets on their cars from the Forest rangers saying that it's "illegal" to prospect there, even though it's not, and want to know if anyone else has been harrassed. Also, is there a closer gold field to Los Angeles? or is East Fork the closest? Thanks for any input you might have.....

Volksman

Mar 9, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm new to metal detecting and have an Ace350 on the way and should be here tomorrow.

There is still a lot of snow on the ground here in northern Iowa so I have plenty of time to do air tests and get material together for a test garden.

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all from northern Alberta Canada.

Been visiting this site for quite some time and I am amazed at the quality of content from its members. Up here we still have snow and frozen ground, but i'm just itchin to get out and dig some holes. If there is anybody else out there from my neck of the woods, contact me. We have lots of fur trade, mining, homestead history up here and I am always looking to share info.

jimmyd1967

Sep 1, 2013
louisiana
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE 250 AND PIN POINTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HELLO FROM DOWNSVILLE LOUISIANA JUST BOUGHT ME AN ACE 250 GONNA GIVE IT A WHIRL.

NCF

Mar 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody. I am the newest of the new to metal detecting…okay..I don't even have a detector yet haha ( I have no idea where to even start picking one, the choices are overwhelming ). I hope to learn though, and figure this place would be a treasure trove (oh yes, I really went there ) of information and help. This websites awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread