Brand new to metal- detecting,Southern Ohio.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imagesCA9WICES (2).jpg

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello & welcome from upstate Ny
I know very little of the bounty hunter line and even less about the older models.As far as a machine being to old to use,that would depend on you and what you want to use.If that machine was taken care of and it's all in working order I don't see why you could'nt start out with it,but that's just my opinion.Now most of us are not experts on telling if a machine is performing at 100% so usually most that get older detectors or at least I did in the past is send it in to the company for a once over,that is if they still have parts and still do repairs or tune up's on that older machine.A call the first texas will get ya that info.This is what I would do if I found that I had a older machine and had interest in using it.
Again it's all up to you and what you want to use.Maybe you want to go with a newer or brand new model,do a little research and see what everyone has to offer if you decide to go that route.
I wish ya luck with it all..........................................

DeadEye Ice

Jul 19, 2010
Welcome. Ive never used a BH but if its in working order use it. There are newer machines with more bells and whistles, but learn your machine and its personality so to speak and enjoy. If you decide to do a type of hunting that that machine wont do, lime wet sand or water then look for something else at that time. There are plenty of members here that love their BH machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread