Hey Yall, from South Carolina

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ya'll, from South Carolina

I've been reading this forum long enough, it's time a register and post.

I live in Charleston South Carolina an recently picked up a metal detector (AT pro) along with some other things.

I live in a new neighborhood and have found nothing but nails and trash so far so I'm looking forward to going out to some of the beaches to explore. I am curious as to find out where else I am allowed to detect. I would hate to go on property I am not supposed to.

Passenger number 4.

Sand Gnat II

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2013
Goose Creek, SC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a recent member to the forum myself and live in Goose Creek. I've done a good bit of detecting on the local beaches and have had pretty decent luck. I'm just getting interested in relic hunting, this area is so full of history there's just got to be some good finds out there just waiting for someone to come along. We should get together and plan some detecting trips. Send me an e-mail if interested. [email protected]

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet! You live in an area with lots of history - plantations, forts, 200+ year old residences.

Research sites and history in your area. You will be surprised at what you will find.

I visited Charleston a few months back and toured one of the old plantations. It gives one perspective on how they lived back in the day.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Last edited:

Phanntom

Oct 21, 2012
Retired and traveling
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di Pro SL
Whites Goldmaster II vSat
Whites Prizim 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spend several months each fall in Bamberg in the low country. SC has so much history you can't get a grasp on it all. Through the library and locals I located an old stagecoach road. I've only scratched the surface as it goes on for miles and miles. Haven't found anything of much interest or value but a couple of old, but modern bullets...now CW era.

I've also got my sights on an a pre-CW home I'm quite sure I can get permission to hunt for next season. There are so many possibilities getting to them before I assume room temperature will be impossible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread