Greetings from Minnesota!

thatpetlady

Nov 3, 2012
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! My name is Amanda, and I'm from Minnesota. I'm new here, but I stumbled upon this forum while looking for information on identifying bottles. One of my (many) hobbies is to dig up old stuff from a dump sight my brother and I found as kids. I've dredged up dozens of bottles, I've cleaned several up, and it's neat to research them. The dump site seems to have been abandoned in the early 1960's, so everything in it is pre-1963. I've found a few pieces that I can date to much older (1920's and earlier), but a lot of the glass is broken. Between kids, mosquitos, weather, and poison ivy, finding time to dig is difficult at best, but when I do get out there - I love it!

I also have a metal detector, but I've only used it a couple times. My first trip out we found a lot of old cans, a handful of pennies, and a dented old flask (with a hole in it). I mostly find insignificant things (pennies, bits of wire, bottle caps, etc), but I figure at least I'm cleaning the environment up by getting those bits out and recycling them properly.

I do recycle everything I find. Whole bottles get washed up and researched, broken bottles become tumbled glass for jewelry or other projects, and metal is recycled. As I have time to research the pieces I find, I take photos and list them in my online shop. I'm full of questions and I look forward to learning more and using this forum as a tool to research the pieces I have trouble identifying.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from New Hampshire! :hello:

You'll find that TNet is a great place to meet new friends, explore your hobby, ask questions and "brag" about your finds.

Husband and I are metal detectorists. We like to hunt the beaches, parks, fields...anywhere that people congregate. Our oldest find to date is a 1892 Indian Head penny. Have found a 14 kt wedding band on the beach. It's a great hobby.

Welcome again! Check out the group, "The Women of TreasureNet". We'd love to see you there!

HH (Happy Hunting),
Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread