Hello all new here from North West Louisiana!

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to find this site! Years ago my father and I came across a mound in East Texas(right in out front yard literally) finding whole pots with paint in tact, arrow heads etc. Was a Caddo Indian Mound. From then on was always a back on my mind hobby I would like to start acting upon. Went to school for geology and anthropology. Graduated from an east Texas college. Ending up as a geologist in the oil and gas field. Now wanting to get back into hunting as a hobby. I am not bias to what gets hunted or where. I think it is an awesome feeling peeling back the layers of time and enjoying the thoughts that go along with the find.

I have a few things myself. Mostly Sabine river things...

Missing international boundary marker. I think it would be a neat find. Using old maps and current technology maybe could get an idea where on the edge of the river it was originally located then interpolate back where the river could have been. Then may get lucky and find an authentic piece of history in the river. One good thing is yes it will sink, but will not wash down stream very far.....

International Boundary Marker - Historical Sites & Places of Interest - About Logansport - Town of Logansport Louisiana

"As a result of erosion, the first granite marker on the Sabine fell into the river long ago, but a second granite marker on the northward path of the surveyors replaced it to mark the North-South Meridian. This is the only known marker to remain, and it is believed to be the only original International Boundary within the contiguous U.S. Today, the border between Texas and Louisiana follows the Sabine River to the 32nd Parallel, where it connects to the boundary established by Hunt and Forsyth. The Texas Historical Foundation purchased this site to provide public access to the early boundary marker."

Also have a great idea where an old major high water ferry across the river is located by an old mans account of the beams still showing in low water.

Just some fun things to start.

Anyway, i am happy to be joined up here, even if it is just for some treasure map and clue talk! I am near the Shreveport area. Anyone else local to this area, and what is there to find in this area!?

copperpenny

Jan 28, 2013
Wesminster,Ca
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from So Cal, HH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hello.gif

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! Looks like you have some good starting places. TTC

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from another Newbie, Lots of knowledgeable, and sharing folks here.

Roy

fireford10

Apr 4, 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Bossier City!! Guess a few of us are close. thats pretty cool. Another guy on here is from haughton, and i have a co worker dragging his feet to sign up on this site. Never imagined there were "others" out around me. Sweet!

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from Mississippi!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread