Hello from NW Georgia!

durham64

Mar 20, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone on this wonderful site.

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and say hello. Being born and raised literally next door to the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, I spent much of my childhood metal detecting, digging for bottles at old dump sites and hunting for arrowheads with my grandfather. Although it has been 25 years since I have had my hands on a metal detector, the urge to find treasure has never left me.

I have lived all over the US and a couple of foreign countries, following my job wherever it took me, but I am finally back home, where I belong. I have spent the past couple of days, since joining, browsing the forums and reading about all the exciting finds and camaraderie here at TN.

I don't want to be too long winded, but I am in the market for a metal detector. I enjoy exploring around this area, but have a love of the beach and treasure hunting there as well. Any and all suggestions, as to type, brand, make, model etc. would be most welcome. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you and can't wait to hear all the good, bad and ugly about which metal detector I should buy!

Many thanks!
Holley
:hello2:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

curious man

Mar 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Durham64, have you posted these mayan statues you mentioned on your thread. Maybe I'm remiss at spotting them. If not please take some shots of them, and send them to one of my threads. I would love to see them for comparison to my little artifact. Thanks.

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
durham64

durham64

Mar 20, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

VpNavy, I appreciate you pointing me to the Georgia Sub-Forum, I am still trying to learn my way around the site.

curious man, I am still trying to figure out how to do stuff on here, such as upload pictures and whatnot. I will try to take some pictures of them and get them uploaded for you as soon as I can. Good luck with your search!

Holley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread