vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Indiana for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! I went to UE from 86-91, lots of great memories of that town before Aztar came in.

I'll crack open an imaginary bottle of Sterling in your honor tonight and pretend I'm at Deerhead tavern getting pizza.

OP
OP
cbankston

cbankston

Apr 9, 2013
Awesomeness I used to work there back in the day! We have new brewery now called Tinman, yummy!!

Coin_Peeper

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy from E'ville

Evansville here as well, been finding much?

Coin_Peeper

Hey cb coin peeper, I been hunting Evansville for 30 years, lots of good finds, lots more trash, I've been unemployed for almost a year now and have been detecting full time since...my totals for the year are over a thousand clad coins, 1000+ pennies, 4 silvers including a very precious 1922 Peace Dollar in extra fine 40 condition that surprised the heck outta me, and five pieces of silver jewelry with the biggest being a half ounce 925 sterling men's ring. I'm an old guy and I don't know your age but back in the 70's and 80's when I started detecting, most of Evansville's obvious hunting grounds got pounded by treasure hunters. A treasure hunting club used to meet at Willard library and the stories of finds there used to astound me, (I didn't belong but talked with someone who did)...The best day I ever had in E'ville was an early morning my brother and I went to Burdette park and moved the big white stones next to the stairs up to the main pool...When I was young it costs 25 cents to swim and we used to wait in lines as long as the entire stairway and kids would drop their quarters into those stones and couldn't find them, that was the 50's and 60's...in '84 My brother and I went foot by foot moving the stones aside and detecting before replacing the stones and moving upwards...that was an epic day, the signals were bing, bing, bing...for a short time each shovel full would have at least 1 silver quarter falling out of it, we quit detecting and just shoveled out the visible ones and went back for the leftovers with the detector. Burdette used to produce Standing Liberty and Barber coins back then, also Washington grade school got me alot of silver in those days as well, I got permission in '85 to hunt on the UE campus and found rings, Mercurys, and foreign coins...Good finds for me are becoming fewer and further between these days but I am still hooked for life, welcome to TNET, I am rather new to TNET and this internet stuff myself...(If you happen to see an old guy out detecting with bulging pockets full of can slaw and pulltabs...that would be me, ha ha). Thanks for reading the old guy stories and good luck to ya'

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread