Metal detecting in Americas Finest City (San Diego)

Bouncearound

Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting in America's Finest City (San Diego)

I am 6 years into my addiction of metal detecting and just wish I had begun this great hobby decades ago but better late than never! My primary interest is in historical sites and I have had good luck getting on multiple private progerties and otherwise. It could be (I know this sounds a bit sexist but..) that I am a gal and may be less threatening to folks (in our now less trusting world) or I just talk so much folks wave the white flag and surrender and give me permission! I have had Garretts but LOVE my Whites MXT Pro. I recently ventured into the CTX 3030 world and thought I would lose my mind trying to figure this machine out. Thankfully a nice gentleman in Kentucky spent three hours on the phone with me walking me through updates and setting up programs. Since that time I have a better command of this machine and look forward to many great finds! The metal detecting community is awesome!

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello:Welcome from the Swamplands of Louisiana!

Roy

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, very good choice for your latest detector!

Wayne

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net from the North County.
I'm attempting to get info on an historical site in Carlsbad where, during WW II, a tent city for soldiers was set up. The land remains undeveloped.
Don....

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net from the North County.
I'm attempting to get info on an historical site in Carlsbad where, during WW II, a tent city for soldiers was set up. The land remains undeveloped.
Don....
Bouncearound and I would be happy to give you a hand Don!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
cudamark,
I've got an Email in to the Carlsbad Historical Society asking them about the tent city. Some time ago they did a write-up on the history of CBD in which the tent city was mentioned. I'm thinking coins of the 20s, 30s and 40s might be in the area, among other goodies. I'll do a follow up if I get their response.
Don...

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread