From North Western Iowa

pennyfinder1

Apr 13, 2014
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been metal detecting for a couple years now here and there. I'm thinking about getting a better detector, looking at getting a Garrett AT Pro. I haven't found enough to get rich yet or even enough to pay any bills, but just in it to have fun and to find neat stuff. Found a silver quarter 1944, and an Indian Head Penny 1898 yesterday and about $5 in loose change in about 3 hrs. I haven't found any gold yet, but have found a lot of silver items. Does anyone have an idea on how deep I should set the detector to find more rare coins, don't know if I want to dig 10 plus inches.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Iowa for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's the whole idea for most of us is just to get out there, spend time with friends and family and to have fun! Welcome aboard! (p.s. I love my AT Gold.)

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let us know what kind of machine you settle on! There are a lot of good machines out there. Just depends what your focus will be. Cheers

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detector you have will only go about 6-10 inches tops on a coin size find. Set it on the maximum setting that still allows you to use it quietly and accurately. You have done well with an entry level machine, when you move up your finds should increase.

If I can help you with your next detector, please don't hesitate to call or PM.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard
pirates.gif

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome,
I spent some time growing up in Iowa. My mother who will be 90 years here soon still lives there. I would think you'd have some great potential hunting in your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread