winninghammer

Greenie
Apr 16, 2014
Royal oak, michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 xl pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys. I'm new to the site and to metal detecting altogether. Actually, I havent even done it yet. In my parents' attic I found a white's 6000 PRO XL. I know nothing about it. is it any good? I live in Royal Oak, Mich and my house was built in 1920, I thought there was a pretty good chance of finding some really cool stuff in my backyard. My backyard is about 200 ft deep, and has an old clothesline still, which also seemed promising in my mind. Am I just being hopeful or has anyone else found cool stuff in a similar setting as mine? I would love to hear any and all thoughts you guys have. Either way I'm still going to dig the **** out of my backyard. :D

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome, Royal Oak is a great place to be, especially on weekends in the Summer - used to work on Main St.... with the courthouse behind us...

If you haven't done it yet, check out the battery compartment and make sure it's not filled with old batteries - which are by now pretty corroded, and could have damaged the detector.

That clothesline should be good for some Mercury dimes :)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard
pirates.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread