Tenderfoot
May 31, 2014
SoFlo
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello to all,
I'm new to this site and was looking for a thread that pertained to the West Coast of Florida and trying to learn some good info from fellow treasure hunters.. seems I may have found the right one.
So, I've been researching, reading and studying, but have yet to find a solid answer.

Has anyone found Calusa Indian treasure that was taken from the Spaniards here in Florida?
I know there are stories that say the Calusas would take from Spanish ships and keep for themselves, and such treasures are still out there to be found in Florida.
Also, if some treasure has been found, was it recovered from major sites like Mound Key, or sites found far from a major indian hub like Mound Key?

Looking forward to some interesting feedback!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!! :)

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, please keep us posted on this treasure.

Wayne

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes, the Calusa and Ais Indians salvaged yellow and silver metal from shipwrecks and fashioned it into jewelry They may well have buried some of it in their shell mounds but the State will put you under the ground if you try to dig into them. There is lots of treasure to be found offshore of Clearwater to keep you in Gold if you know where to look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread