New in New Jersey

Larrue

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2014
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Ordered a Garrett AT Pro. New to detecting.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,

I have always wanted do some metal detecting. My son got a very inexpensive metal detector one year for Christmas. I actually used it to find some horse shoes that were left outside near the pits for a long time. I also found some pipes that I had put in the ground for volley ball poles. I used to watch guys searching the sand at the shore and really wanted to try it.

I am retired now and decided I will give it a try. My biggest problem will be getting back up after I bend down to dig for something. I joined a south Jersey metal detecting club on face book and plan to go to their next meeting. I want to get information about where you can and can't hunt in township parks etc. I am going to start on my own property to get familiar with whatever detector I buy.

I have been researching detectors and I am thinking about getting a Garrett AT Pro. I am hoping I can get some other suggestions when I attend the meeting on a good starter detector.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New Jersey for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
L

Larrue

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2014
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vpnavy,

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

I am a Navy Veteran. 1967-1971

OP
OP
L

Larrue

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2014
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Smalltowngirl13.

I just purchased a Garrett AT Pro from Bart this morning. Looking forward to trying it out on my own wooded property later in the week.

greek digger

Jun 25, 2014
Crown point Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Hello,

I have always wanted do some metal detecting. My son got a very inexpensive metal detector one year for Christmas. I actually used it to find some horse shoes that were left outside near the pits for a long time. I also found some pipes that I had put in the ground for volley ball poles. I used to watch guys searching the sand at the shore and really wanted to try it.

I am retired now and decided I will give it a try. My biggest problem will be getting back up after I bend down to dig for something. I joined a south Jersey metal detecting club on face book and plan to go to their next meeting. I want to get information about where you can and can't hunt in township parks etc. I am going to start on my own property to get familiar with whatever detector I buy.

I have been researching detectors and I am thinking about getting a Garrett AT Pro. I am hoping I can get some other suggestions when I attend the meeting on a good starter detector.

I just got an at pro as my first machine.....very satisfied with my detector

Sent from my HTCONE using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread