Hello from Central western Central Florida

FLATENPA

Jun 24, 2014
Western Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, AT Pro, CTX 3030, Sovereign Elite, Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Hey ya'll watch this" that's been the start to many an accident report but not this time. :icon_thumleft:

I was first introduced to metal detecting by my Uncle Bill and his wild stories of out west and all the cool stuff he had found and that was about 1973 of course and in those days most 11 year olds couldn't afford a Heath-kit or Radio Shack Metal Detector.. It was not until many years later that I was able to buy my first non-discriminating pull tab detecting machine.. After a while I realized I couldn't sell all those pull tabs, screw caps and bottle tops I decided to save my money and purchase a real metal Detector.... First I got a Garrett (model I do not recall) then after a while I found a deal on a Minelab Explorer II that I still use to this day. I have three coils a 5 x 8 Joey, a 10 x 12 platypus and a 10 inch stock coil. I have two pin pointers a White model 2 and a Detector Uni-probe.

I am in Metal detecting for the money, yes I said it it's all about the money and how much of mine i can give to the manufactures for all the newfangled technology that you almost need a degree in to operate.

I was talking with an older man on the beach on day and I asked how he finds all the stuff his response was quite simple.." If it makes a noise I dig" :metaldetector: I asked don't you find a lot of Trash? "If you don't dig you can't find the treasure" He checked the time on Rolex and excused himself to keep digging.

So that being said I have a great collection of bread wrappers that I think would rival almost anyone's.:headbang: According to my Casio its time to start swinging...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Saaaaaayyyyyy-

Are you that stranger pulling up our valuable pull tabs and can slaw from St. Pete Beach?

Just so you know, they are about to bury the beaches again with sand from off shore to impress all the tourists.

piper247

Jul 11, 2014
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer, Minelab ProSwing 45, Fisher 1280-X, Fisher CZ21, White's Surf PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, I'm new here too, maybe well meet on the beach one day. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread