New here and already in trouble

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi... My name is Joe and I just started MD. I rented an Ace 150 and F2 while on vacation, kinda enjoyed the walk on the beach. Found $1.81 in coins and a bottle opener. So I Picked up a used Ace 250 (with 6.5x9 and a 9x12 oval coils and cheap pin pointer). Then came here and asked a noob question, got some answers, but forgot to have a sense of humor in the process. Again... Sorry sponge. I'll be hunting mostly the beaches in southern NJ. Looking to see what is under the sand. Expecting more pull tabs, caps, and cans than anything. After all, it's about the hunt. We will see how it goes...

Last edited:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Auriemma!! Welcome to the TNet Site from the Bayou State of Louisiana!! You will enjoy the Site and it will be quite informative!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome, and good luck!!! hope you do well. If I may chime in with some advice....If you haven't walked the beach in a long time, limit your first few hunts, especially in soft dry sand, otherwise your calves will be smoked for days, take it easy starting out, you have a lifetime hobby ahead of you.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good luck to you! I found a lot nice jewelry with my Ace 250, you will too!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Joe from another resident of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come and good luck hunting ... :hello:

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Joe from another resident of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.
My area club seems to be dead. The Montgomery County Club thread went dead back in Feb. Anyway, I'll be combing the North Wildwood beaches on weekends until the season is over. Then it's back to Southeastern Pa. I'll have to get some dirt digging gear, won't I.

Last edited:

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Join your local Historical Society as a Field Representative that might open private property to search for coins, trade tokens and relics for that area. Go to the tax office and ask for the old Gov't Survey Plats and scan them for old settlements, pioneer farms, ect., cross Reference on a modern map, look up owner, contact with Historical Society membership card and get permission. Get a bottle probe and shovel if area is old for old trash pits and outhouse holes for valuable old bottles.

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great ideas. Thanks

Top Member Reactions