I am in need of help finding my engagement ring in small apartment!

helpbardstown

Aug 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have lost the most expensive item my fiance has bought in his life! I am sick about this. It is a 14 karat rose gold 1/2 carat diamond. I took it off to put lotion on and where it is in here is a mystery! It was suggested I find a treasure hunting club and ask for assistance. I feel like it is in here somewhere! We have no children or pets. An old sofa is where I think it may be as it has tears, holes, etc ... I so need the biggest favor ever. We are not in a position to purchase a metal detector, so I am asking anyone in the Bardstown KY area for help. I would make sure my fiance would be here with me should anyone out here feel led to help us search our one bedroom apartment. It would mean so much to me if one of you experienced hunters could assist. Thank you for your time in reading my post.

Blessings!

Sherry
502-350-8342

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but with all the metal in the building a detector will be useless. Your best tool will be a very bright flashlight. Start at one end of the room and work you way to the other. Turn outall you jeans pockets too.

OP
OP
H

helpbardstown

Aug 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we think it is in our old sofa

Sorry but with all the metal in the building a detector will be useless. Your best tool will be a very bright flashlight. Start at one end of the room and work you way to the other. Turn outall you jeans pockets too.

Thanks for the suggestion. We will try it. However, I was told that a good detector can scan a similar ring and then it would only pick up the ring, is that correct? If so, a pawn shop has agreed to let us scan one. Our apartment is small with minimal furniture. The floors have been scanned 100 times. Jean pockets, etc.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a job for the Ghost Busters. good luck on the hunt.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the suggestion. We will try it. However, I was told that a good detector can scan a similar ring and then it would only pick up the ring, is that correct? If so, a pawn shop has agreed to let us scan one. Our apartment is small with minimal furniture. The floors have been scanned 100 times. Jean pockets, etc.

Put is this way... owning three detectors, and 14 years experience, they wouldn't even come out of my cabinet if I was in the same situation. I would personally start removing everything from the space and check it 100% for the ring. The sofa sounds like your best bet so I would twist it and turn it to see if the ring falls out... and then I'd rip it apart if it was the last possible option to find it. A detector will be affected by the springs and be fairly useless.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are wrong and seem to be trying to sell you something.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the trap in your kitchen and bathroom sinks! And don't throw out garbage til you have gone through it. Hope you find it.

OP
OP
H

helpbardstown

Aug 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for your suggestions. Sad to say but a plumber was here the day it came missing. My gut says he did not take it, but we have ripped the sofa apart already, but willing to try it again. Trash was checked same day, by both of us twice. I am going to try and get the guys last name and file a lost/stolen report with the police. They will go to the pawn shops and check by the name as it is illegal for the shop to do it. This will all be confidential, it is a small chance, but if he took it and sold it to a local pawn shop, it would be listed. But, that is only if it was in his name. Ugh, this stinks! Thanks again for your professional hunting advice. I greatly appreciate it!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to say it but thats most likely where it went if he was alone with it for 5 seconds.Check the shops in the surrounding towns also,I'd check up to a radius 20-25 miles away.Rule one,never trust anybody that you do not know. Rule two,even if you do know them still dont trust(depending on who they are) them but give them benefit of doubt.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also keep an eye out on Craigslist.com in their jewelry section for your ring to appear ..., Also where were you when you put the lotion on? if near a bathroom or kitchen sink check the trap as suggested above.. the trap is the elbow section just under the sink inside the cabinet and it is there to catch foreign objects...

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Chat to the crime scene guys, they are used to finding a single hair in an apartment, ask them to do it outside their normal working hours they will 100% find it if it is in your apartment

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread