Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started metal detecting with my wife this weekend, after purchasing a White's Coinmaster last week.

When I was around five years old (1988) my mom lost her keys and had searched the entire house and yard. When she couldn't find them she called a family friend to come by with this magical metal stick with a light-green box on the end. I followed him around the yard in amazement as he would stop, dig at the ground, then add something to his pouch. After an hour or what seemed like an hour he gave up, but on his way out he told me to hold out my hands... and gave me all the change he had dug up (along with some nails and screws). Of course later that night my mom found the keys in the pantry next to the groceries she had put away the previous day.

twenty-five or so years later I told my wife the story and she asked why I hadn't considered picking it up as a hobby. I told her that people associated metal-detectors as bums who scour the beach sand for pennies or prey on the poor suckers who might have dropped their wedding ring on the sand. I looked into it anyways and found this site. then last week we were watching the local news and this segment came up:

a few days later we headed to SMI electronics where we talked to someone who had actually been to the event in the news segment and we were hooked. we looked in the backyard of her parent's cabin and found a bounty of junk but were happy all the same. we then went to the nearby beach and found absolutely nothing. still happy to spend two hours walking around though.

hope to meet a few of you soon, thanks for having this site available for noobies like ourselves:icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the forum ... :hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Canada for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread