LuckyinRI

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2014
Lincoln
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Newbe here in RI and already hooked. I have been going daily even in the cold month of December. If anyone in this area wants to link up and go PM me. I love to hang with like minded people. I would love to get some tips as the Garrett AT Pro is above my skill level. The tones are not easy to read sometimes. Hope to hear back from someone.

Best regards and HH. Joe

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Rhode Island for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the fun ... :headbang:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Joe! I recommend you use the AT Pro in Pro Mode. The audio is better, and you will quickly learn the broken high/low sound of a steel bottle cap. Start out with your iron discrimination at about 35, and dig anything that has a repeatable ID number. It takes several hunts to fully understand what the AT Pro is telling you. If it helps, you can spriknle some targets ( coins, pull tabs , nails, rings) on the surface in your backyard to get a feel as to how they show up and sound.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, White's ? Metal Detecting Stuff

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Joe,

Welcome to the forum!

The AT Pro is a fine detecting machine; take the time to learn the tones. As others have said, use the Pro-Mode you will not be disappointed. My settings for relic hunting, using the AT Pro: Pro-Mode, Sensitivity 7/8 bars, sometimes 8/8 iron disc 21 with iron audio on. The machine it rather chatty (much less noisy than my AT Gold) and you may or may not like all the noise. Find the setting that works for you and then tweak from that point. I do not live that (relative) far from you, perhaps this spring we can meet somewhere and hunt. I would be happy to so you how to use the machine.

Lastly, Build a test bed in your yard and learn how to locate targets, understand tones and practice pinpointing.

Regards,

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My best advice to a Pats fan would be to stay addicted to this site, all through your cold a$$ winter, and into the spring. You will learn alot, and also eventually get to know other detectorists in your neck of the woods. Until then....stay warm:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread