New guy from Delaware.

Dakotademon7

May 3, 2015
Smyrna Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign xs -2a Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Signed up here in hopes of finding some locals to talk to. I just started metal detecting for the first time this past weekend. Have been doing a lot of reading up on it for some time now. I'm not one of them people who think they are going to get rich detecting. I don't care about value. I just want to find old cool stuff to start a collection of finds. I'm just not sure of good spots around Smyrna or elsewhere to find good stuff.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Dakotademon !

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Delaware for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Several clubs in Delaware that would be your best at meeting locals and making friends. Many hunt the beach's there, but when things are slow they are dirt hunters also.

Very good machine you have for both the beach and dirt...

Good Luck and Be Safe

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the hobby and the "riches" will come.

OP
OP
D

Dakotademon7

May 3, 2015
Smyrna Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone. I got the Minelab in a trade. Traded a used lap top that I paid $260 for. The guy used the Minelab one time and stuck it in the closet. He didn't know how to use it and didn't want to take the time to learn. He was in the need for a workplace laptop and didn't want to pay the price for a new one do to other people also using it to. Seen the add on CL for trade and went for it. I have been wanting a nice detector for some time. The Minelab looked brand new when I got it. Not even any rubs or satchel on the bottom of the disc. I'm ashamed to say that I set it in the closet for a couple years myself. I'm just now getting into it. Did a short hunt this weekend in my back yard. Found some old square nails. I think they may be pre 1800's. I'm not looking to get rich doing this. I just want some cool old stuff to start a collection with. Would love to find some real old coins and CW stuff. I would really love to find some WW2 stuff but I don't think I'm going to have any luck with that here. Lol.

Last edited:

SW Iowa Digger

Apr 12, 2015
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 9" 7.5 KHZ coil 9" 3 KHZ coil Minelab pro find pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome from Iowa

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from ny. been wanting to go to coin beach down there, its at north side of indian river inlet. Best time to go is after a storm. U can find copper coins and maybe gold ones to, very old shopwreck just close to the beach. good luck. Love Delaware, lived there couple of times in 80's and 90's, near Smyrna.

OP
OP
D

Dakotademon7

May 3, 2015
Smyrna Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stopped by Harbor Freight yesterday and picked these up. Pin pointer $12.99. Mini Shovel $7.99.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread