Noob in Erie, Pa

My Name Is Mud

Jun 17, 2015
Erie, Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I've lived in northwest Pa my entire life and currently living in the Erie area. I have a FJ Cruiser that I'm going to be setting up as an overland/expedition/offroad rig as funds allow, so the treasure hunting/metal detecting hobby ties in nicely with my future plans of adventuring, camping, and getting dirty.
I've done a lot of research and am thinking of going with the following gear to get started. Fisher F2 package (4",8", and 10" coils), garret pro pointer, and a Lesche digging tool. Maybe pick up a 11" DD coil later. I need to get this ordered soon as I have some vacation time in July and would like to start using it on a camping trip I'm planning to take to a site near the town I grew up in.
My planned use will be wooded areas, fields, yards, with maybe the occasional trip to a park or Lake Erie shoreline. No saltwater anywhere close so that won't be an issue.
I've read about a few places in the northwest Pa area that sound interesting enough, and close enough, to do more research on and check out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to TreasureNet Mud :thumbsup:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the _ hole ... :snorting:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard from another resident of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Good Luck with your summer hunting plans.

OP
OP
My Name Is Mud

My Name Is Mud

Jun 17, 2015
Erie, Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcomes.
Doing your homework really does pay off. The legend of the lost gold near Saint Marys, Pa was one of the places I was planing on checking out. Thanks to a little research on this forum I saved myself a lot of wasted time and effort, turns out it's already been found. Good job to finders keepers and good luck in your on going battle.

OP
OP
My Name Is Mud

My Name Is Mud

Jun 17, 2015
Erie, Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't purchased a detector yet. Now I'm actually kinda leaning toward getting the F44 instead of the F2, the backlight and weatherproof features of the F44 I think are worth the price difference alone. I'm honestly just waiting a little bit until more people get them and get more long term reviews on them. I don't like buying anything that just came out, I like to wait to make sure the product is as advertised.
Thanks for the heads up Wayne!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread