Another Danged Texican (Houston Area)

OldGringo

Jun 19, 2015
Missouri City, Tx.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings! 66 y/o retiree from the Southwest Houston area whose only detecting to date has been with my dads old Sears model box from way back when. Have new to me Garrett Ace 350 on the way ,thank you MasterJedi, and can't wait to get some batteries in it and take for a test drive.
Having grown up an oil field brat, there were always opportunities to wander around the washes and creek beds of South Texas from Brownsville to El Paso and a lot of real estate in between. Dad and myself built an outstanding (to us) collection of arrowheads and several petrified crustacions and the like. Dad always had his eyes in the ground.
As a resident of of this part of the Houston area for some fourty years I've frequently wondered about some locations of historical and social interest and have been investigating and trying to prioritize permissions and hunting some of these locations some of which are being paved over at this time.
Okay, I'm starting to ramble so will get out of here.

OG

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :notworthy:

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to Tnet, you will find heaps of info here, and answers to any questions you may have.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome! Thank you for sharing the story, Good Luck this year.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome and thats the name of our dog Copy of Gringo.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread