Lurker finally signed up

Skunked68w

Jul 25, 2015
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone from the People's Democratic Republic of Colorado. I am a 33 y/o nurse and an Army vet. I'm originally from Nola. Just quit my nursing job to go back to school for geology and explosives. Because how can you hate your job when that job is blowing stuff up! I got into prospecting back in November. I've only been able to go about a dozen times since I work 60 hours a week(hence the reason I quit burned out). Now I have lots of free time but with all the rain Colorado's been getting the waterways are pretty dangerous and I haven't been able to go. Went past clear creek today and it finally doesn't look too sketchy. I have pans, classifiers, bucket, small sluice and hope to build cheapo high banker soon. I've gotten some gold but forgot to put it away and 2 y/o daughter got it so it's even less now. I'm 6'4" and 250 pounds so if anyone needs some slave labor there are few things I'm not willing to do to learn from a pro.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! Happy Hunting

OP
OP
S

Skunked68w

Jul 25, 2015
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks shooter. It feels good to be welcomed. I've learned a lot from this forum and I have probably read most of the threads over the last 2 months. I should have joined sooner. I'll probably be out on clear creek off of 70th tomorrow. If anyone sees a big guy trying to sluice while wrangling a 2 y/o stop and say hi.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Colorado for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Thank you for sharing your story.

Have a safe and productive season.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest: