SirDiggsALot

Aug 25, 2015
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I have been wanting to get into detecting for about the last three years or so, but now that I have a little more time I've decided to go ahead and do it. I just ordered an XP Deus with 11" coil from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies, and should receive it on Wednesday. I've lived in central KY, for the past 15 years or so, I'm mostly into relic hunting I think, but coins, jewelry, and gold are nice too! I have lurked around the forum for awhile, seems like a great bunch of people. I look forward to learning from you all and sharing my finds. I'm sure I'll be posting lots of "What is this" pics. lol Oh, and I know the XP Deus is not exactly a beginner machine but I have have some reasons for picking that as my first detector. Well, that's about all I have for now, I'm sure I will have many questions soon enough. Take care everyone and happy hunting!

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard! The XP Deus has a lot of die hard fans so I think you will love it once you learn it. Congratz on that machine! The folks here are very helpful and will make you feel welcome. Happy Hunting!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Kentucky for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the round table Sir ... :icon_king:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! You purchased a fine machine...enjoy the hobby.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum. Best of luck with the Deus.

OP
OP
SirDiggsALot

SirDiggsALot

Aug 25, 2015
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! I took the new Deus out for the first time around my fathers house, the result was a few modern penny's, "stinkin Lincoln's" a modern dime, brass fitting, and the find of the day is what I believe to be an old clock winder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread