Hello From San Antonio!

SlickNik

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT, White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Nikki, Nik, or SlickNik, whatever is easier for you to remember. I am an Air Force Veteran, I retired 1 Aug 2011 after 22 yrs & 3 month of active duty. I was also a military brat, so I don't have a home town per se but Lackland AFB here in San Antonio, where I started and ended my military career, is now my home.

I am currently a member of the San Antonio Area Metal Detector Club and also a member of the GPAA Round Rock Texas Chapter. I have a couple of year of experience in metal detecting and I am new to gold prospecting, and I love doing both. I'm also interested in searching for lost treasure and that is why I became a member of TreasureNet, it has it all. A few of my best finds so far have been a few silver coins and a silver James Avery ring.

I love metal detecting, but it is kind of hard to search some possible hot spots because all of the land here in TX is owned (private property). If anybody around San Antonio has property that they are willing to let me detect on or if you metal detect and have access to private property and wouldn't mind some company, I'd like to join you. I also would like to gold prospect with an experienced person, someone who could be my gold prospecting mentor. I use a White's Spectrum XLT and the White's Spectra V3i for metal detecting as for prospecting, the only equipment I own is a couple of gold pans. I've only prospected for gold in the Llano river twice during the Round Rock GPAA club outings. I had a great time even though I didn't get much gold. I am willing to travel to prospect with others when I can. So hit me up if you're willing to let me tag along and show me the ropes.

In my short time of metal detecting and gold prospecting I can honestly say I have only had great experiences with the people in both groups. They have all been helpful in giving advice/teaching and sharing of equipment, tools, etc. When I say they are good people, I truly mean it. After reading a lot of the forums/post, I know that I am joining another group of good people by becoming a part to the TreasureNet Family.

As I think about it, I already have found treasure, well something just as valuable, knowledge. I look forward to gaining more knowledge from all of you, my TreasureNet family.

V/r,

Nikki

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard Nikki and thanks for your sevice in the Air Force & protecting GREAT country - this is the best MD forum on the net.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Nikki and thanks for your service to our great country! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread